pearl

It must be JP's year this year.......

He passed his driving test today!!!!!!!!!!!

First time!!!!!!! :notworthy: (I took six)

The best part is.... from his very first lesson last October, he has had to have NO adjustments made. He was treated exactly the same as everyone else, and he did it.

When his instructor was driving him home, JP told him off for exceeding the speed limit! :lol:

He has been unable to shut up all night & has run out of people to phone & text.

He is planning to drive to youth group on his own on Friday :o

When did it all go right? :unsure:

When I joined here, thats when, do you think theres a connection? :D

Wow. Congratulations JP. Way to go. :thumbs::dance::clap:

It took me 2 attempts to pass. Managing first time is quite an achievement. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Does that mean you have a chauffeur now Pearl?

You must be really pleased with him. He sounds like he is a very hard working and studious lad. I hope things keep going so well for you both. :D

Thanks all >:D<<'>

bid, have you got an instructor in mind? We found choosing the right one was crucial. JP's was 70 & like Yoda, absolutely unflappable, knew nothing about AS but was the right temperament.

David, I've got a chauffeur whether I like it or not now. He's already making cunning plans to drop me off at work & take himself off somewhere for the day. Well he'll have to pay for petrol :lol:

Perhaps your have to buy him a car to get your own one back. ;) I was lucky as mum decided we needed a car so I could get to my teacher training in Middlesbrough (for after the summer). Hence the idea always was that I'd have it. I pay for petrol but so far haven't had to pay for anything else. It needed a service recently which my dad decided to pay for. Doing quite well really. It is nice to have to added freedom of a car. Still don't mind using public transport occasionally though. My mum seems to like using me as a chauffeur though occasionally she drives it herself. I think part of it is she didn't drive for a long time so hasn't fully regained her confidence yet. I hope he enjoys his new found freedom.

(I'd better get to bed now. Need not to have too many late nights this week what with a London trip on Saturday. Good night all.)

Blimey if he wants his own car he'll have to pay for it himself!

We are putting him on our insurance (�300 immediately knocked off now he's a city council employee not a student) :thumbs:

He wont need a car yet as he's within walking distance of the city where he'll be working (no parking anyway) and can borrow ours if necessary.

Its all part of the Grand Plan - he wants all his wages apart from a bit of board to us to be salted away for a deposit for his own place.

Next stop, world domination! :lol:

Night David, sleep well.

Pearl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:>:D<<'>

WooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooo!

I am so happy, proud and delighted for you, and JP! Seriously he is bluddy amazing!

*dances round the room like a happy fool!!*

I will PM you back tomorrow!

Lisa xx

Mornin all

JP wandered through in his jimjams last night & I showed him all the replies, he read them all out loud & was almost bursting with pride!

He's just finishing his branflakes then is going to drive me up to mums..... :o

First time no L plates.

If I'm not back by evening, send out a search party.

That's absolutely brilliant Pearl :clap: :clap:

I am of course going to put it all down to my brilliant advice about how not to pass the driving test :oops::lol: I'll claim my fee from you later.

When did it all go right? :unsure:

When I joined here, thats when, do you think theres a connection? :D

I doubt that's anything to do with it - we're all a totally insane lot on here :wacko::hypno::wacko::lol:

JP, You are awesome!!

Well Done again!!! And Happy Driving!

You give me loads of hope for my boy, if he does half of what you have achieved, I will be so very proud!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

*claps hands till they hurt for JP!!!*

Lisa xxx

Edited by ellisisamazing

Well we are both back in one piece, JP �10 richer as Mum treated him when she heard the news. (He'll be milking this one for weeks as she forgets everything - no he wont, only joking!)

Further from a boy racer you couldnt get - he drives like an old man, bless (well he was taught by one) I'm saying in my head, up to 4th, up to 4th but manage to keep my gob shut.

I stand in awe at his parking skill - theres a gap of about 1cm on our drive where you can park and a) open the rear door without hitting the house wall, and

b ) shut the gate without hitting the car.

He positions it spot on, every time.

Mr pearl & I can NEVER do it!

Mumble, theres a virtual chocolate cake on its way to you as I type.