David Matthew Baker

North West Meet

I've just checked our calendar, and the 20th Oct works really well for me. DH is off work that weekend, so he won't need to arrange any time off to have kiddies, so should definately be able to make it now :thumbs:

Can't see the YHA been too busy at that time of year as long as there are no big groups booked in.

Well at this rate, we'll be the big group!! :lol: :lol:

If you lot talk to each other whilst I'm away and try and work out numbers for activities that people are interested in I'll then try and organise the various events once I get back from Kenya. I'm probably willing to do anything. Certainly walk wise or most water sports I'd happily give a go too. Also any special requirements you may need would be useful. Have a good summer holiday and I'll look forward to seeing you all in person in the autumn. :D

Pearl has just told me about this thread and we live near each other!!!!

Could I join in as well??

Could do 20th Oct, not sure as to whether or not the boys are with me or their dad that weekend but no other plans.

I would only do a day trip as I am only an hours drive away and would want to see how the boys were as well!

Sue x

All will be welcome. Will probably be a couple of weeks before I can spend much time organising anything. If people update me on what they're interested in and for how long I'll try and work out what the best plan of attack would be (metaphorically speaking of course). Then sound it off you all before even thinking of trying to finalise anything. Certainly still happy to do almost anything myself. :)

Just giving this a bit of a bump

JP & I will be coming for the day, happy to mooch, chat, walk, eat, HE would be happy to do more active stuff too, with me cheering from the sidelines.

I'm more interested in meeting you all than what we'll actually be doing, TBH.

Basically we'll just fit in, whatever.

I'm really interested - including the 'more active' bits!! I'm happy with YH-ing (though I'd prefer the one with self-catering facilities). However, can you just put me down as a 'maybe' for now. If that's a problem let me know and I'll PM you.

Yes. That was more to do with the fact I got the impression some people wanted to come for the entire weekend and others for one day. Should have made that clear in that post. Dealing with a number of bits at the moment. Shouldn't really as means not giving full attention to anything. Just finished typing up a report for my Primary Placement.

I can't commit to anything that weekend now. DH has started a new set of shifts, which has altered all his days off :wacko: DS has also asked if he can go and see M'bro v Chelsea that weekend as a birthday treat, so unsure at the mo what's what.

Definately can't make it :( Got DH's shifts, up to end of October, and he is working that day. He has managed to wangle an early finish, so he can def take DS to see footie match. Hope you all have a lovely time :D I may gate crash one evening :ph34r:

Oh noooooooo...... :tearful: I was so looking forward to meeting you.

Going to be just me & JP at this rate....

I can still come!!!!!!

Sue & I live about half a mile from each other David & its our local supermarkets tearooms! (vg bacon sarnies) All welcome though! :D

Would be an easy day out for us!!!!!! But I love the Lakes and much prefer a day out with a purpose.............. spend too much time in Booths as it is!!!!! :whistle:

Would be an easy day out for us!!!!!! But I love the Lakes and much prefer a day out with a purpose.............. spend too much time in Booths as it is!!!!! :whistle:

They do the best sausages in the world :eat:

if there is ever going to be a manchester meet up,would probably be able to go,but can't do weekends.

Ummm, is anything happening with this, or are we all too busy? No pressure or anything, would just like to know if I need to keep the 20th free.

Is anyone still planning on coming? Could still look elsewhere if people want? Would a bit further south in the Lakes help people? Been busy lately so not been able to push this. About to go plan some lessons. All my free time has disappeared. Looking forward to half term now!!!

Really need to improve my ability at doing lesson plans . My first one took 7 hours by the time I managed to get my mentor to accept it (including making the resources). Spent most of today on them too and managed to plan 3 lessons. Have another 5 to plan and mentor wants them all planned for Monday. He told me this on Thursday last thing and I was busy on training courses all day Friday. Argh!!!!

JP & I still have the day free & are happy to come, but if its all getting a bit too close to organise, will happily fit in with a later date if you like.