Bagpuss

What bath toys do your children like....

Had to laugh this evening after bathing the girls. Their choice of bath toys are bizarre....

Youngest dd 6 chose the torso of a Barbie doll, with half her hair missing, and a naked Bratz doll with no feet

Eldest dd 9 chose a T Rex, which is nearly 2 foot tall, a killer whale and 2 small pokemon figures

:lol::lol:

Jay's obsessed with fish at the mo, so his bath toys are very appropriate, yep, lots of toy fishes. :lol: He bought a nice new pack of six on Saturday, all colourful plastic little tropical fish, so he's having a whale of a time with those. :whistle::) He'll be enjoying his fishy bath in about half an hour, actually.

~ Mel ~

B's in the bath now, destressing.

Bubble bath, on the walls, moulded into heaps on the windowsill, and for watching the light reflections as the tiny bubbles pop.

And playmobil, Romans and barbarians with the added joy of plummeting from the windowsill into the bath, bath to stool, stool to floor or any combinations of the levels.

All with muffled sound effects and commands.

In a very hot bath.

A rubber duck called Bob :lol:

A set of plastic different coloured dolphins which sit in their own coloured rings and who whistle when you hit them on the head! The idea is that because each one whistles a different note, you can make a tune. Well, that's the IDEA anyway! :whistle:

Anything else that takes her fancy on that particular night!

It could be Littlest Pet Shop, or plastic farm toys or plastic fish....all depends.

Her role play really comes to the fore in the bath, she is always in charge and the poor toys are mercilessly ordered about!

She also finds the bath a safe place to talk about her problems, so we usually end up discussing her anxieties and concerns, it's great as she can then go to sleep with (hopefully!) my words of wisdom still fresh in her mind!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've said it before....

There are times when I'm glad I have a daughter!!!!

Doubtless I will regret this when she gets older.... :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've said it before....

There are times when I'm glad I have a daughter!!!!

Doubtless I will regret this when she gets older.... :)

So you'll never know the joy of playing submarines...up periscope.

There are permanent plastic jugs full of digimon and pokemon resident in the bathroom. Only certain ones are allowed in mind :)...

If he has squirty foam stuff and his digi/pokemon armys he'll be in there for hours!

Still haven't figured out why he hates bubble bath in the bath, but loves the foam!

So you'll never know the joy of playing submarines...up periscope.

Difficult though it is....I will just have to live with it :lol:

Superman has empty bottles and a jug. Not because we are tight you understand, it's just that he loves pouring water in a out of things. Oh and a cleaning cloth, not for him, for the bath and tiles, he loves to clean so that's a bonus. :thumbs:

J adores Bathtime and I think he is defo a little proper fish, he is a piecies after all, but J is rather odd for bath toys, as he likes to take my tea spoons in his bath, along with different size cups and plastic glasses, he uses my tablespoons too and then likes to make up little potions with the various bath products and mixes them up including making the soap go all runny into a liquid and adds that to his posions too.

J has a whirlpool and enjoys this a lot, he has made a shower by hanging a bucket from his foam letters container and then filled it with water and the holes made a sprinkle of water, he is very inventive and inquisitive when it comes to water.

J spends too long in the bath and its more like a wet room then anything else I could really do with having a tiled bathroom from top to bottom including the floor and cieling with all the water that is around after J has finished.

J use to like those bath toys that have little suckers on and you stick it onto the bath and then it has different kinds of machanixs so one has a little tap, one is a funnel and one is a whirly thing like a water mill and turns when you pour water into it, Early centre have some fab toys for the bath, little showers, whirl mats, alsorts.

I want a nice relaxing bath now.

JsMum

J reckons that as far as bath toys goes you can't beat a willy.

Karen

x

That is so funny...am still laughing at the wryness of it.

My son used to take his collection of model cars into the bath with him and line them up around the entire edge of the tub...but my kids are too old for bath toys now :crying: I miss the one they had which you stuck up onto the tiles with those suction cuppie thingies and then poured water through the spinning wheel or cascading little containers. Also had those sponge-like shapes that stuck to the tiles when wet and you could make pictures! We had a whole slew of bath toys - took up half the bathroom - and bath time used to be so much fun!

ddh