Sign in to follow this  
mrs fussy

school reports

Hi this may seem a strange question but my son has only recently been identified as having SEN, and this is the first school report since then. All it says is that he has a number of issues with his behaviour!!! nothing else should his report be giving more information on his SEN. Thanks Mrs F x

My son has only had IEP's at school during the last year and was dx in July 07. His school report made it sound like there was nothing wrong and made no mention of his IEP's or anything else.........................

Looks like this is a standard thing that schools do?

I expected there to be some mention of the IEP's and issues that have arisen etc but this doesn't seem to be the case. :unsure:

generally a school report will mention what the child has covered in each subject over the year and what they have gained an understanding of over that time, it may also mention what level the child is working at. There will also usually be a personal comment from the class teacher and often the HT, SEN may be mentioned there.

Generally though a child with SEN should receive a copy of their IEP at least once a term and should be invited to an annual review (although a lot of schools reserve this for children with a statement :wallbash: ) so in theory there isnt any need to mention SEN as the report is individual to the child and covers what they have been doing/can do but you should be better informed about your child than most parents anyway.

Unfortunately as a lot of things in my profession theory and practice dont always go hand in hand :(

generally a school report will mention what the child has covered in each subject over the year and what they have gained an understanding of over that time, it may also mention what level the child is working at. There will also usually be a personal comment from the class teacher and often the HT, SEN may be mentioned there.

I personally feel that apart from the teacher's comments and the main subjects of English and Maths, and I think Science, the rest of the report really doesn't say much about the individual child apart form their achievement etc levels.

It may be just at our school but the rest of it is all exactly the same for every shild except the names.

I mean I didn't even get the I.E.P. for Rebecca this last term, I was shown it over the table at parents evening, but I got distracted by a panic call from hubby and didn't get a copy.

We are now waiting to see what happens after all the assessments are in (WISC-IV school had this in May and SALT assessment done over the last three weeks of term).

It worries me greatly that the school are not taking any notice of all that we have found out during year 4 - so little information!

I would like there to be some mention of SEN in the report even if it was an added sheet only for those on the SEN register.

Hang on......

I'm meant to receive a copy of the IEP???

All I got was a glimpse of it, upsidedown, as her teacher hung on to it like a terrier...

Oh, dear yet another "issue" to raise in September... :wallbash:

Hi

My son's report was basically like a booklet with general summary such as behaviour, homework, etc etc where the staff ticked on what level they hit such as , good, excellent, needs to improve and cause for concern, there was a mixture of these for my son, and then advice to student.

No mention of any IEP' but have been receiving a copy when we requested these, even though to our knowledge should be every term automatically.

I noticed one subject not added in the report booklet where others of his year did have this subject added, will be questioning this in September as they didn't bring these home until the last day.

Di xx