Bard

Talk to you on Saturday!

We're almost , nearly, sort of about to leave for Somerset.

Glastonbury, Cheddar and Wookey Hole are on our list, along with Salisbury, Winchester and Stonehenge.

B is very excited, he's been reading up on King Arthur. :bounce:

Back late on Friday, have fun whilst I'm gone!

Back now, much fitter having followed B up to the top of Cheddar Gorge and Glastonbury Tor (twice), and various abbeys, cathedrals and palaces.

I now have to tell him the whole Arthurian story cycle, in order as he's come to realise that he only knows some of the stories and wants to know all of them.

Youth Hostel was great, very quiet, and we're getting very competent at the self-catering bit. He was calm, except when he woke me up on Wednesday at 4.45am, worrying about his cat.

Spookily, at the same time, 280 miles away, his cat was waking up my daughter and demanding to know where B was.

We went in several caves, but he didn't quite manage the caving experience trip. The group was very excited and lively, and he decided that it wasn't for him this year.

" Maybe when I'm a teenager " is one of his phrases to deflect certain suggestions. I was a bit sorry to have missed out as I'd got quite excited by the idea of exploring, but he hasn't totally written it off.

We're watching the Perside Meteorite Showers tomorrow night, if I can stay awake.

Edited by Bard

Glad to hear that you made it home in one piece .

What was his favourite bit? Hope he didn't work you too hard.

Louise

Glad to hear that you made it home in one piece .

What was his favourite bit? Hope he didn't work you too hard.

Louise

Wookey Hole is a cave system that has an underground river, and a waterfall. At one point, you cross a walkway over the river. He loved Wells Cathedral and managed a one hour tour with an elderly guide who had a very quiet voice. The Chalice Well gardens in Glastonbury held him for around 2 hours.

And he met 4 cats in different locations, which delighted him.

My legs are tired, but he is so much fun on a visit! He gets so excited and absorbed in all the new things that every night, he keels over around 9pm with exhaustion. I have never known him be bored, anywhere.

BTW Bard, how was your daughter while you were away? Hope she was ok >:D<<'>

Thanks Baggy!

One of the reasons that I was so cross before I left is that I knew she would be fine. I know, it doesn't make sense!

G is a wonderful person who is mature, sensible, trustworthy and undemanding. I can leave her alone for a week with no one to care for her and she would manage well, and everything would be looked after whilst I was gone. I just don't think it's fair to take advantage of this in the way that OH does sometimes, without realising that he is. If she were demanding, confrontational and unreliable, he'd have to put more effort and thought into keeping his house tranquil and intact! I'm seriously tempted to swap teenagers with my friend who has a nightmare daughter, then go away on holiday! :devil:

I rang her every night to listen to her chat. I brought her back prezzies. Her Grandparents came up trumps, as always, and made her feel special. Took her out to lunch, then she and Gran went clothes shopping.

B is very happy to be home and has gone quiet watching DVDs, playmobil everywhere, so I can give G a lot of 1:1 time. And her two best friends are back from holiday.

She sounds a lot like my S, Bard. Its really hard making sure they both get quality time isnt it, I will always feel guilty at the time of mine she should have had that JP took away from her. She was his childminder after school from the age of 12 (she offered & I accepted as family didnt want to know & I had to work)

I salved my conscience by taking her away for regular weekends & it was the best thing I could have done, we both got quality time together & built memories, she is now taking her boyfriend to the very same places to share the stuff she enjoyed with him.

Sounds like you are getting the balance about right with your two. All we can do is our best. >:D<<'>