LittleRae

Thank you Canopus

Canopus I really have to thank you for your post ages ago about teaching kids to ride a bike. DS is almost 12 and would never countenance the idea. Well, this summer I printed off your instructions and with a few tweaks here and there... Last week, DS got on his bike and off he went - rode around for 3 hours!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: It happened all of a sudden. Now he adores his bike. Mother of course is embarrassing as I was watching him bawling my eyes out - wouldn't have been so bad, but it was in a public park! :crying:

Thanks again

Hi LittleRae,

we're thinking about taking the trainer wheels off our son's bike - maybe I should read Canopus's post first! Could you direct me to it?

Well done to your son - that's great!! :thumbs:

Eva

Hi LittleRae,

we're thinking about taking the trainer wheels off our son's bike - maybe I should read Canopus's post first! Could you direct me to it?

Well done to your son - that's great!! :thumbs:

Eva

Me too, my DS doesn't ride his bike and I alwayds thought he never would. Can I have a look at the post too?

Hi. Hopefully Canopus will be able to direct you there. It's from way back and took me ages to find - and now I can't find it again... I'll pm him to put the link up

Top RH corner of screen

Click on Search

Key words...riding bike

Member's name Canopus

It's in General discussions

Title of thread is riding a bike.

jools started the thread

:D:lol: I got to answer a question about computers (but I can't do links yet :unsure: )

Edited by Bard

LittleRae,

What a special moment...... I am sure your son will enjoy many hours feeling the freedom of riding his bike, another step towards independance.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x

Thanks all. It was a day I thought we would never see as he's always been so negative about the bike - not used to failing.... He's thrilled with himself. Everyday I hear ' I love my bike'! Now, I just have to persuade him that perhaps he needs a bigger one :unsure:

Good luck to all those others trying - it took us 3 months, so persevere

:D

I've been thinking of how i can help M to ride a bike without stabilisers - Thank you Canopus :notworthy: - he's excellent on his scooter (normally overtaking me on my bike!), but i terrified of his bike.

Hadn't even occured to me to take off the pedals first - what a great idea! :thumbs: