Sign in to follow this  
llisa32

A Good day at school!!

Hurray!!!!!! we finally had what can definately be classed as a good day at school!! :thumbs:

Firstly J went into school with no bother this morning!!

Then...

J was asked yesterday if he wanted to be a 'helper' in one of the PE activities after school, we felt this would help him to take part but not feel under any pressure to perform, and he would likely enjoy himself, and help to see school as something other than yuech writing!

He DID!! :thumbs: the PE teacher let him wear his tracksuit over his uniform instead of a full change, and made him 'referee' :whistle: (perfect role I feel :)...he gave him some yellow and red cards and showed him how to 'present' them to players and at the end J had a little go of the game they played!!

He was dead chuffed with himself,and keen to find out if I was proud of him :wub: - he then very quickly got fed up of me telling him how great he was and could we talk about his current playstation game instead! :wub:

The same teacher also had J for a study lesson today and commented in his diary that he'd worked really well and earned a couple of house points! - well done that teacher! - he ticked all the right boxes for J tonight

Lisa

That is priceless!!!!

We also struggle with pe lessons and most other things as well, it is so good to hear of a positive result. Hold onto it and enjoy the moment!!!

Stella x

Thanks all :)>:D<<'>

it was such a relief that the teacher had really taken on board our comments to the school last week, and from the more info that I dragged out of J the teacher has really figured out how to gain his confidence! :thumbs:

And apparently 'Referee's' can take part in the game at any time they like' :whistle: so says the teacher!

And even teachers argue apparently when they are sent off with a red card! :)

I'm going to send him a thank you email today, and J's up for going again next Tuesday!

And apparently 'Referee's' can take part in the game at any time they like' :whistle: so says the teacher!

I used to do it the other away round at school - taking part (sort of) in the game, I would 'referee' the other kids :ph34r::oops: Can't think why I got in so much trouble :lol:

Glad it's going well on this front - hopefully J's new found positveness will transfer to other areas of school life :thumbs: