Caffeine Junkie

This Morning

Great :thumbs: This Morning have redeamed themselves after their last autism interview.

I very much liked the way they distinguished between taking away things that cause difficulties (such as high levels of anxiety) and taking away / curing autism - great :clap:

My only slight irk was that very little was said about adults - it was very child focussed - but overall, good :)

Is it me or does there seem to have been a subtle change in the media's portrayal of autism recently - to me, at least, it seems more accurate and more positive. Long may it continue. :thumbs:

I liked this sentence in the article, Pearl:

"I want people to understand that autism doesn't mean a lesser life, just a different one."

:)

Thats exactly the line I just read and that stood out for me!! - it's how I'm trying to explain things to J's dad.

Life is 'different' not wrong or bad

I think you're right re the Media lately...it does seem to have swung slightly towards a better understanding - fingers crossed it continues :pray:

What a shame I missed it, would of liked to have watched it. Well done Emma for highlighting ASD, and lets hope something positive comes from it. I read the link, and felt her attitude was really upbeat :)

Changing subject slightly, autism was featured in a short video on Children in Need the other night. Keith Duffy, formerly of Boyzone, (and Coronation Street apparently) spoke briefly about it - his daughter is autistic, apparently and he's actively involved in raising awareness.

K x

Jenny McCarthy's five year old son is also Autistic. You may remember her from MTV, Playboy Bunny and Scream 2, she dates Jim Carrey. Apparentely her husband left her and their son because he could not cope with the Autism....she says Jim Carrey is amazing with her boy and really communicates well with him.

As far I am aware Molly McFadden is not ASD, But Keith Duffy's daughter Mia definately is.

Edited by Tally

yeah keith duffy has often talked about his son in interviews,kerry katona would have defo mentioned if molly was

Actually, I have tried to find anything about this on the internet, and I cannot. I really thought I remembered reading an interview with Bryan McFadden and Kerry Katona (some time ago now) about their daughter Molly being autistic, but I think I must have got really mixed up :wacko:

It's odd that I even knew the child's name, since I have absolutely no other reason to be interested.

So anyway, Molly McFadden is not autistic (as far as I know).

Oops!