pingu

minster fm radio

Hi guys.

http://www.minsterfm.com/news/

The story is on here every hour, from twelve pm they have been building the picture, apparently around 4 or 5pm this afternoon they should have the finished article to air. but the bits that have been on this afternoon have been fair to us.

The poo has hit the fan, rightly or wrongly we have made a stand against the school. As we thought, they have come back with a statement full of lies. According to the head, steve was not a father showing concern for very obvious reasons - he was a mere intruder who was 'weilding' a knife on school premisis. - (even though the caretaker let him in, the secetary took his full name and the headmaster shook hands with him after admitting he messed up) Bull :wallbash: <insert appropriate word here>

I have phoned the school and told them to cancell the meeting tomorow, we cannot work with liars. I cant see a way forward here, i just hope the police are going to back us up by releasing the head teachers statement, which clearly said......... "He was not threatening once"

Moreso now i know ive done the right thing, because its a complete cover up - no one wants to take responsibility for this - for the fact it happened. for the fact it was allowed to happen Its ok for them to breeze over all this as though it doesnt matter. but i will NEVER forgive them people for dumping this ###### on my doorstep four weeks before christmas. I want them to say they were wrong, they said it to steve's face on friday, and told me over the phone that it was there fault - now they are covering it up. Im ashamed to be a Human..................BLEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

They could have stopped the arrest at the very least - they could have stopped the pain that alone has caused.

But infuriatingly enough - IT IS ABOUT SECURITY............ And they cant even accept that !!!!!! what a plonker.

thanks for your continued support, i realise what we have done, is maybe not what you would have done, and some of you may even think we are over reacting - but god believe me when i say - They just dont understand the work they have undone with one bad decicion.

We always tell the kids to tell the truth ....... :unsure:

cant type any more..

:whistle: going for a drink :wallbash:

Just had a listen Pingu. They have put your side very well. I only hope the school can come back with an appology and not some ###### and bull story.

I think you have done the right thing. This country has got to reaslise that it can't treat people like that and get away with it. I am behind you 100% Go get em girl.

I read your story in previous posts and was astounded.

you as a family have done everything right. and yet - again, the right thing is rewarded with suffering.

I am waitying for the next new on the radio link you sent, but I just wanted to add. I would have done EXACLTY the same thing. in fact I would have sent a copy here too....http://www.number10.gov.uk/output/Page1.asp

you have my supprt

Thanks for that link to no 10. >:D<<'>

Update..... the full story will be on minster fm at 6pm. At least i hope its the full story. !!

Shaz x

Well I just listened to the 5pm news and considering what I've read on here it definitely seems like they are trying to do a cover up there! I would have definitely been annoyed by this.

The thing that gave Steve the upper hand here is the fact that he was left sitting with the knife for 15 minutes before they sent him in to see the head. He raised some excellent points and I think came across very well. The HT was as I would have expected but did not say why they felt that Steve was safe enough to be left sitting alone for 15 minutes if they had felt they needed to dial 999 and request an armed response. Hmmm does not quite add up me thinks.

Cat

Edited by Cat

HI this was just on a local station not sure if it was Trax fm or hallam fm and it said he was a parent returning a knife that had been taken home by mistake and he was arrested by armed police , I didnt hear anymore as the kids were playing up as usual but it seemed to be on your DH's side rather than on the schools. I said to DP i had read it on here on friday although I hadnt replied as I was too shocked and didnt know what to put :(

Viv xx

HI this was just on a local station not sure if it was Trax fm or hallam fm and it said he was a parent returning a knife that had been taken home by mistake and he was arrested by armed police , I didnt hear anymore as the kids were playing up as usual but it seemed to be on your DH's side rather than on the schools. I said to DP i had read it on here on friday although I hadnt replied as I was too shocked and didnt know what to put :(

Viv xx

Thanks madmumof5.

How did it get there?? i thought it was just local. oh well - the more the merrier. at the end of the day the more awareness the better.

thanks to everyone (once again) for replies and support.

shaz & steve

Not sure how it ended up on our news really ,I assumed you must be local or something.Is Minster fm in York?? Trax is Doncaster and Hallam is sheffield so not very far away if it is .

It may be filtering through the independant stations on its way to the nationals

viv xx

Edited by madmumof5

Had a listen last night good to hear they are on ur hubbys side i think it is disgusting the liar of a head at the school must be in some way related to the one at my sons! good luck hun x x

Hi all.

I dont know how it's sounding today on trax but we only got featured up till 11am on minster. At first when the story went out yesterday i admit the true point got lost.... but after the doors i've banged on today i believe the true message will be filtering it's way through someones crowded schedules by now surely,

As parents we are tiny fish compared to those sharks, but the true message which we need to hit the headlines is this "How safe are our childrens schools?"

Steve has been diagnosed with PSTD by his doctor this morning,

cookers knackered, fridge is knackered, steve and i are knackered. kids are great, well hyper. But one good thing keeps my spirit alive today and thats the support we are getting over this. Even the primary school which our other two attend have told us they are behind us.

hmmmm.

Watch this space

love to all

shaz n steve

Really glad you are getting the support behind you on this matter. :notworthy:

Sorry to hear about hubs too and I hope he recovers soon.

Like I said previously I hope all schools will have to look at safety issues now. I think this story definatly will open up the can of worms for how safe are our schools ??

Good luck and Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Really glad you are getting the support behind you on this matter. :notworthy:

Sorry to hear about hubs too and I hope he recovers soon.

Like I said previously I hope all schools will have to look at safety issues now. I think this story definatly will open up the can of worms for how safe are our schools ??

Good luck and Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'd love to agree at opening the can of worms, but to be honest apart from the primary school, you guys and my family every one else has turned into a brick wall. :wallbash:

We have offered the full (coherant) story to the local bbc radio station, which when stripped bare is about how my son was able get the knife from school to our house. whatever his reasons (which were accidental) It comes down to them having no system in place to check their equipment upon leaving the classroom.

If i gave my child a stanley knife and told him to go play with it, then social services would be on my back, yet I send him to <inset :wallbash: approriate :wallbash: useless :wallbash: school :wallbash: here> and they get away with it.

As far as the police are concerned the matters finished.... we'll have to wait for ofstead to investigate....

School wont budge and tell the truth - admit their mistake .

we wont budge, because we've done nothing wrong.

we are at stale mate where do we turn next?

Should we forget the whole thing and give in? send liam back to a school which cant guarentee his safety? Lets not forget its not just about this... they have lost all his SEN records. Where are they? who now has access to that very personal information within the school?

I give up.

cant see a way forward... if AnyOne has an idea of any brick walls we've not thought of banging our heads on yet, could you please tell us where to find them.

Health and safety law ? I know they probably breached it somewhere but i cant track down where !!

We could do with some support as regards keeping the focus on the main point - (security) so if anyone wants to drop a message to either www.minsterfm.com/news or www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire i would be really gratefull.

I will send the link to the story if it makes its way to print before the end of the week. unless they have forgotton we exist as well.

Thanks everyone. >:D<<'>

shaz n steve

I'd love to agree at opening the can of worms, but to be honest apart from the primary school, you guys and my family every one else has turned into a brick wall. :wallbash:

We have offered the full (coherant) story to the local bbc radio station, which when stripped bare is about how my son was able get the knife from school to our house. whatever his reasons (which were accidental) It comes down to them having no system in place to check their equipment upon leaving the classroom.

If i gave my child a stanley knife and told him to go play with it, then social services would be on my back, yet I send him to <inset :wallbash: approriate :wallbash: useless :wallbash: school :wallbash: here> and they get away with it.

As far as the police are concerned the matters finished.... we'll have to wait for ofstead to investigate....

School wont budge and tell the truth - admit their mistake .

we wont budge, because we've done nothing wrong.

we are at stale mate where do we turn next?

Should we forget the whole thing and give in? send liam back to a school which cant guarentee his safety? Lets not forget its not just about this... they have lost all his SEN records. Where are they? who now has access to that very personal information within the school?

I give up.

cant see a way forward... if AnyOne has an idea of any brick walls we've not thought of banging our heads on yet, could you please tell us where to find them.

Health and safety law ? I know they probably breached it somewhere but i cant track down where !!

We could do with some support as regards keeping the focus on the main point - (security) so if anyone wants to drop a message to either www.minsterfm.com/news or www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire i would be really gratefull.

I will send the link to the story if it makes its way to print before the end of the week. unless they have forgotton we exist as well.

Thanks everyone. >:D<<'>

shaz n steve

I don't think you should give up. Especially as its affected you all so badly and I can quite understand why. What about the solicitor. Have you seen one yet. You want one who can deal with handling a complaint like this and possibly taking legal action against police/school (even if you don't actually eventually go down that road).

I don't think you should give up. Especially as its affected you all so badly and I can quite understand why. What about the solicitor. Have you seen one yet. You want one who can deal with handling a complaint like this and possibly taking legal action against police/school (even if you don't actually eventually go down that road).

we did get legal advice and that was....We wont be able to get legal aid, and the solicitors fees are �100+ an hour, its money we havent got, especially as we need to get a new cooker and fridge because they have both packed up. well actually the cooker was condemed, even thats been a ###### up, its apparently been unsafe since the guy from the council repaired it 6 months ago........... :wallbash: every :wallbash: where - a brick wall.

The usefull lady at direct line (our insurance) told me to forget it and move on.... (lodging seperate complaint about her whole attitude) basically she said no one died and we should get over it.....

just adds to my frustration really....

x

Pingu, have you tried contacting programmes like "this morning" or the itv/bbc news? Just a thought. Also if you look on the bottom of most newspapers there is a phone number where you can ring and give them a news story. Might be worth a go.

Pingu, have you tried contacting programmes like "this morning" or the itv/bbc news? Just a thought. Also if you look on the bottom of most newspapers there is a phone number where you can ring and give them a news story. Might be worth a go.

Thanks viper, i didnt think of this morning, but i have just fired off an email to panorama, i think they will be interested in the lack of security in schools, if not the ease in which dangerous equipment can be taken. (mistakenly or otherwise).

x

Just wanted to say have you contacted your local MP ,they are quite good in most situations and will hopefully make sure it gets dealt with properly

Viv xx

Hi, Is Direct Line your home contents policy with attached legal expenses cover? If so you are probably entitled to get a solicitors advice about the potential claims. Be wary of a GP dx of PTSD- he really ought to be seen by a psychaitrist. If it is PTSD then he needs to be referred now for treatment - to a suitable psychologist who has experience of autism as well as PTSD. Usually its CBT. Feel free to PM me if I can help. Good luck