TheNeil

A Moment's Silence Please...

This weekend has not been a good one in the Neil and Emily household as Mr Shuff (the guinea pig) died, without any warning :(

We went into town at lunch time (after cheering the pair of them up with a chunk of cucumber each - both were charging about as usual) and, when we got back 4 hours later, Mr Shuff was laid down 'asleep' with his eyes open (which he did have a penchant for doing). Now Mrs Wills is in a cage on her own and we're worried that she'll be mopey and (maybe) follow the route that a lot of paired guinea pigs (i.e. when one dies, the other one follows soon after).

Being a typical Aspie I was more upset by Mr Shuff dying than my own father dying and I was very close to having an emotion when I dug the hole in the pouring rain last night. Then I got mud on my hands and got stressed about being in a mess :shame:

So, two minutes of silence please for the world's laziest and most bad tempered guinea pig :notworthy:

I'm sorry Neil and Emily, that is very sad >:D<<'>

At least he did not have to suffer from a period of illness before he died.

I'm sorry Neil and Emily, that is very sad >:D<<'>

At least he did not have to suffer from a period of illness before he died.

Very Sorry Neil and Emily.

Very true Tally, and at least you didn't have to watch him suffer.

Pragmatic

Awwwwwww poor Mr Shuff, I am so sorry Neil & Emily to learn of his parting.

Hope Mrs Wills is not too heart broken, when one of our pair died the other went on to live a couple more happy GP years, so you never know.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Just to give some Aspie balance...

It doesn't really bother me when an animal dies, but I was very upset when my lovely dad died last year.

Boho :dance:

Sorry to hear of Mr S demise :(

Our pet burials always turn into a farce.....last one at night involved a dog torch which continually barked, a plastic spade which broke, a garden half submerged after heavy rainfall and a hamster eternally preserved in a tupperware container :wacko:

Huge hugs to you and Em >:D<<'>

Edited by Bagpuss