baddad

Did you know Santa Has a 'Blog'?

:thumbs::thumbs: Awwwwwww :)

(but I didn't get the bit about the tinned peas? :unsure: )

It's a very old end of the pier joke, mumble...

Try searching 'how do you catch a polar bear?'

If you don't find it I'll PM you tomorrow :)

L&P

BD :D

It's a very old end of the pier joke, mumble...

Try searching 'how do you catch a polar bear?'

How do you catch a polar bear in Alaska?

First you go out and cut a hole in the ice. Then, you line the hole

with peas. When the bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the

ice-hole.

Do polar bears like peas? I'm guessing I'm missing some crucial point here . . . :unsure:

And why 'end of the pier'? :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol:.

I've had to wait all night to read this the comp at work kept saying access denied

Well worth the wait!!

I like that, Am looking forward to the next one

KA x x x

Edited by kellyanne

Is it funny because the tinned peas would soon become frozen anyway at the North Pole?

Well it depends what they're in - if they're in salty water/brine, then they're less likely to freeze :unsure:

I think the North Pole is so cold that even salt water would freeze. Ice bergs float on the sea, and they do not melt because of the salt. Even antifreeze is generally only effective to -30 and it gets colder than that at the North Pole, and I have never seen peas tinned in antifreeze anyway.

Well if they did, I'm assuming that because water expands when it freezes, the can would explode (that would save the need for a tin opener I suppose). I did that with a can of coke in a slightly too cold fridge once - very messy.

But can polar bears actually pick up cans of peas? And why would they want to? Ans also, if the polar bear falls in the ice hole, he's going to drown and you're probably never going to be able to get him out - so you wouldn't actually catch a polar bear that way. :unsure:

Hi all - Well He just uploaded today's so here's the link... (NB it's usually around 5 - 6 o'clock when he's finished in the factory for the day but before he has his dinner)...

Oh, he also sent me an e-mail and said don't worry if you 'miss' the jokes - they're not that funny anyway and definitely not improved for a post mortem :)

Right that link:

linkyplinkybloggythingthesecond

L&P

How do you catch a polar bear in Alaska?

First you go out and cut a hole in the ice. Then, you line the hole

with peas. When the bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the

ice-hole.

Do polar bears like peas? I'm guessing I'm missing some crucial point here . . . :unsure:

And why 'end of the pier'? :unsure:

End of the pier refers to the old variety shows with stand up comics doing v bad jokes, I think...

The joke is based on puns and homophones - read it as ...

When the bear comes to take a pee, you kick him in the *rsehole :D

You are right BD, it doesnt stand up to much scrutiny does it? :lol:

Edited by pearl

End of the pier refers to the old variety shows with stand up comics doing v bad jokes, I think...

The joke is based on puns and homophones - read it as ...

When the bear comes to take a pee, you kick him in the *rsehole :D

You are right BD, it doesnt stand up to much scrutiny does it? :lol:

No - the 'in joke' allusion to the joke is far funnier than the joke, but that's sort of by the by now :):lol:

Thank you baddad :clap:

I don't get any of the jokes either... but I've got a rotten head cold and can't think properly.... but I'm enjoying reading.

Ho ho hum :thumbs:

Flozza

oh my life now has you meaning thanks to you >:D<<'> ...........I now have a reason to fall out of bed in a morning........stumble down the stairs ........and tap on the computer keyboard to read santa,s next installment............HOORAH!!

oh my life now has you meaning thanks to you >:D<<'> ...........I now have a reason to fall out of bed in a morning........stumble down the stairs ........and tap on the computer keyboard to read santa,s next installment............HOORAH!!

Don't get up too early - he doesn't get home from 't'ut factory until around six in the evening :rolleyes:

I thought your life had new meaning thanks to that 10k run in 48 minutes...

I ran 10k in 45 minutes the other day... unfortunately the copper chasing me ran it in 44.30... My case comes up on Tuesday.........

L&P

The best so far! :lol:

As you have a direct line to Santa can you ask him if I'm on the naughty or nice list please ? :pray::D

K x

Tut! I dunno - all these people asking 'have I been naughty or nice'? I think if you have to ask......

Santa said pretty much the same thing, pointing out that if somebody is told the week before that they've made the 'naughty' list it's highly unlikely they're going to put in much effort from there on in... On the other hand, if you told someone early that they'd made the 'nice' list where's the incentive gone? And what about those (like most of us) who are on the cusp? Sword of damacles or wot???

Anyways - here's todays blog:

linkyplinkybloggything the 5th

L&P