hev

cut up my credit cards

ive had enough of spending money on rubbish and last night i cut up my debit card/store card and v*sa!!(I done the little star cos i just know bigheads waiting for an excuse to moderate me :lol::lol: )anyway i looked at my bank statement on line and the money i spent on stuff i didnt need is frightening,when you pay by card it dont seem like real money until you look at the statement,feel quite proud of myself,im going in town today though,im gonna miss my cards :crying:

There's always shopping on the web if you can remember your number! :ph34r:

Seriously well done for making the break.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

But if you've cut all your cards up, how are you going to get any money from the hole in the wall?

The alternative to cutting up cards is to be a perpetual student - even the more unscrupulous companies that try to sign you up for various credit things won't come near me!! :lol: :lol:

But if you've cut all your cards up, how are you going to get any money from the hole in the wall?

The alternative to cutting up cards is to be a perpetual student - even the more unscrupulous companies that try to sign you up for various credit things won't come near me!! :lol: :lol:

I don't work at the moment....so have no income but it does not stop the credit card and store card people hounding me. :wallbash:

Guest Lya of the Nox

well done hev :notworthy:

i have noticed how much better i am with money since we haven't had any lol

x

Oh, I'm with you on this one Hev. It's so easily done isn't it, especially so at Xmas time :ph34r:

I stopped using my cards a while back, and now take a set amount out of the bank each week, and always use cash. It really does make you think twice when you are handing cash over.

Well done! :thumbs:

Those charity shops are going to be extra busy your way.....mine are :lol::lol:

I've got a card, but I destroyed the PIN without reading it. That way I can use it for emergency bills, but not casual shopping.

i done well today,i only spent cash :thumbs::thumbs: i did book online for me and mum and steve to see bugsy malone at our local theatre though but thats not a problem,it was the shop spending what was out of control

went in town again today and just spent cash :whistle::whistle: well i couldnt use my cards co i havent got none but i could have gone over bank and got some ou but i didnt :thumbs::thumbs: and i only got what i really needed :thumbs: im getting quite good at being thrifty :whistle:

well seeing as im waiting in today,ive not spent a thing :thumbs: im really enjoying it,im saving up to take us all to cyprus this year so ive got a goal in mind

well seeing as im waiting in today,ive not spent a thing :thumbs: im really enjoying it,im saving up to take us all to cyprus this year so ive got a goal in mind

Its the best way to do it, to have a treat in mind. Most of my colleagues think nothing of spending �1.60 a day on a takeout latte - me, I add up what that would cost in a year & think, I could have a weekend away for that - so I do :thumbs:

Have you read any of Alvin Halls books, the money guy on tv? They are great, simple enough for a numbnut like me to understand & he really does go on about the small stuff we dont think matters but does. My mate followed his advice to the letter & has paid her mortgage off :o:notworthy: I never thought it would be possible, she's on benefits, but she did :first:

yes i like alvin hall,didnt know he wrote books though,maybe i could borrow it from library tomorrow,that way i wouldnt have to pay for it,therefore saving more money :thumbs: im on a roll now :D

yes i like alvin hall,didnt know he wrote books though,maybe i could borrow it from library tomorrow,that way i wouldnt have to pay for it,therefore saving more money :thumbs: im on a roll now :D

:notworthy: I NEVER buy books except for presents, course I am a library lady & its one of the few perks I get, no fines! They will also order in anything they dont stock for a small fee.

This is my downfall....I buy all my books. Sometimes I'll have a look round the charity shops for them, but mostly I buy online. My mum keeps telling me to use my library, but they never have the books in I fancy. She also asks her local library to order the books she wants in, but I'd feel abit embarrassed, going in every fortnight, asking for yet another book to be ordered....daft, I know. :rolleyes:

This is my downfall....I buy all my books. Sometimes I'll have a look round the charity shops for them, but mostly I buy online. My mum keeps telling me to use my library, but they never have the books in I fancy. She also asks her local library to order the books she wants in, but I'd feel abit embarrassed, going in every fortnight, asking for yet another book to be ordered....daft, I know. :rolleyes:

Baggy, in my local authority you can order stuff online, its changed my life! I could never get organised to fill in the cards, now I just log on & away I go. Tiny branch where I am so I nearly always order in. Still have lots of books at home but we did weed them out when refurbing the living room, once these new shelves fill up I'll do it again as I know I wont read most of them more than once, I just like to keep ref books & my faves that I go back to.

BAGGY I GOT 8 BRILLIANT BOOKS FROM CHARITY SHOP THIS WEEK,YOU KNOW THE TYPE BY PEOPLE LIKE MAEVE BINCHEY(THINK THATS HER NAME)I COULD NEVER PAY FULL PRICE,THE 8 BOOKS COST ME 2 POUND ALTOGETHER :thumbs:

That's a right bargain Hev :thumbs:

I've had a shufty at my council's website, and you can reserve books online, but need a PIN number, which although I'm a member, I don't have one. Think I'll have to go to my library tomorrow, and have a chat with them, and find out how I go about it, and ordering new books too. Thanks for the advice Pearl. Think you've just saved me lots of money :thumbs:

That's a right bargain Hev :thumbs:

I've had a shufty at my council's website, and you can reserve books online, but need a PIN number, which although I'm a member, I don't have one. Think I'll have to go to my library tomorrow, and have a chat with them, and find out how I go about it, and ordering new books too. Thanks for the advice Pearl. Think you've just saved me lots of money :thumbs:

No I havent, I charge by the hour, the invoice is in the post :lol:

The library peeps were really helpful, although they told me I can't order new books online, have to go into the branch to do it. I can reserve the ones they already have though, and search etc. I had planned to buy two books very soon, online, and luckily they had one title in, and the other was at another branch, and only cost 90p to reserve for pick up at my branch. I've now gone totally daft, and been reserving books galore using their online service :lol::lol: My bedside table is already buckling under the weight of the ones I've already got.

I think we should start The Thrifty Thread :thumbs:

baggy i got 4 more today :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: and they are really good ones,just need a bookcase now,i absolutely love reading,completely lose myself in the book

:thumbs::thumbs:

I got a call from the library last night. My books I'd reserved were ready to be collected, so DH popped out this morning and got them. :D

:thumbs: Enjoy!