The Raccoons

Real Ghostbusters

Sharkey and George

Superted

The Smurfs

Ulysses 31

And one especially for someone here:

Suprise

Is it me or have things really gone down hill recently with respect to this type of programming.

EDIT: Realised last link had gone wrong as forgot a speech mark.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

yes i think its gone down hill

my boys are fixated on the cartoon network channel

and it has some really weird things on it -

ones called billy and mandy i think -at its really grim..............then theres robotboy

edd and eddy

they not like normal cartoons really....................i used to like morph :thumbs:

Here's one I forgot:

Tale Spin

Disney used to do some great childrens cartoons that were shown on weekends.

Then there was the educational stuff:

- I have a copy of this incase I ever want to use it in my teaching.

Here's some Morph for you. I'd forgot it was Aardman:

Morph

Aww, that's cheered me up. Here's a task - can you find - Thundercats (with hoverboards - I sooo wanted one of them!), The one with the vampire in a big castle, the one with a green machine - can't remember what it did or what it was about!!

I loooved jimboooooo, jimbooooooooo!!!!!!!

And the smurfs - till I got in trouble for something and my mum sold my smurf teddy as punishment to a neighbour as a dog toy and it got chewed to pieces instantly - couldn't watch smurfs again after that :tearful:

Here's some more (hopefully including some of the ones you mentioned Mumble):

Count Duckular

Heman and the Masters of the Universe

Not sure what the one with the green machine is. I'll ask my bro. when he comes up. The one I can't remember what it was called was something to do with dreams and had a couple of children and a dog.

Here's another fun one though:

Fraggle Rock (Puppets)

Edit:

Rainbow

Most of the links are broken now (Retrojunk is down not sure if it will come back up but here is a long list of cartoons.):

http://mcogweekly.conforums3.com/index.cgi...;num=1132930191

Friend and bro helped me find the Green Machine:

Bertha

Edit2:

Here's something that vaguely looks familar:

Ooh I am feeling old again, I remember all those from S's childhood!

Anyone remember Pigeon Street, she used to watch it with her grandad :wub:

Think it was Bertha - I recognise the name. But the link doesn't work . . .

Ooh, she used to sing that .... Berfa, luffly Berfa, you are my favourite machine.... :wub:

What a brilliant thread! So many happy memories. One of my faves was Dogtanian and the Three Muscahounds. Remember that? My P.5 teacher recommended that we all watch it as it was pretty much historically correct.

You know what I saw the other day on Noggin? Bod!!!

"Here comes Bod" and the Bod would walk towards you with his legs moving up and down but not actually moving, just the picture getting bigger.

Noggin's great, my kids never miss Rainbow at bedtime.

Here's my name sake:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x119/kr...tps/crystal.jpg

It was the hair that got me! Chose it as my screen-name after having the twinkles cos your hair doesnt fall out during pregnancy and mine looked just like Crystal's for a while. T'was a bad hair couple of months!

Mysterious Cities of Gold

Around the World with Willy Fog

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Denver the Last Dinosaur

Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers

David the Gnome

Ducktales

Get Along Gang

Gummi Bears

Jimbo

Portland Bill

Postman Pat

(Couldn't find the proper video)

Penny Crayon

The Raccoons

Real Ghostbusters

Sharkey and George

Superted

The Smurfs

Ulysses 31

And one especially for someone here:

Suprise

Is it me or have things really gone down hill recently with respect to this type of programming.

EDIT: Realised last link had gone wrong as forgot a speech mark.

Oh, thanks for that David :notworthy:

I used to love Mr Benn :wub:

The cartoons I really enjoyed from when I was a youngun are Tom and Jerry (the original ones which still have me rolling round with laughter), Road Runner, The Bugs Bunny one's (wabbit Season!!!! ) etc, Wacky Races and Catch the Pigeon.

The one's I enjoy watching with my kids are Sponge Bob, The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy (if you watch it properly you'll see how hillarious the script is), and all of the afore mentioned above! The Avatar is also very good.

oooh, and Ed, Edd and Eddie is funny too... and the Simpsons, sometimes South Park but it also sometimes disturbs me!!!! Usually Bill has to explain it to me when I'm disturbed :lol:

flora

Don't forget Bagpuss, Topcat and the Flumps!!!

Bagpuss is the suprise at the bottom of the first post.

Top Cat

Flumps

Wacky Races

Bugs Bunny

Bugs Bunny and Road Runner Show - Don't remember this but it's kinda cool.

Road Runner

Tom and Jerry Show - Not sure if some of these were used in the UK.

Dastardly & Muttley In Their Flying Machines / Stop the Pigeon

Now some of the modern stuff that's been mentioned. Can't believe I'm going to put these up. Really detest Sponge Bob for starters:

Sponge Bob

Avatar - Not much of a theme tune here.

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Ed, Edd, n Eddie

The Simpson - Can't believe this but I can't find the cartoon intro. This is the 'Real Life' one they did as an early movie trailer.

The variable bits in the Simpsons intro Seasons 7-15

South Park Intro

Something I found whilst finding the intros. I'm worried, very worried:

Japanese Cartoon for Toilet Training Children

Now to get us back onto better stuff some of the none cartoon intros I remember:

Dad's Army - Now this was classic funny TV.

Oh Dr Beeching - Will have to try and find this at some point as it suites my interests well. Not to mention my mum recons I've never forgiven him. I used to complain about it a lot when I was younger. (He's the person who got rid of most of the branch lines.)

Oh Dr Beeching Ending with Singing - Oh Dr Beeching what have you done. There used to be lots of trains to catch but soon there will be none...

Generation Game - Intro from before my time but it's the same old theme.

Noel's House Party

- It's good to have this back on our TVs at last.

Treasure Hunt

Jim'll Fix It

And finally for this post some Philip Schofield intros:

Ulysses 31

Mysterious Cities of Gold

I'm on air at the moment

Gordon the Gopher getting Attacked

do u remember childrens programe -that was like a kind youth club thing -im sure it has why is the title -but cant think of it..................it showed u how to make things and do games ..........

Button moon was the best, me and the other half spend a drunken evening on you tube over christmas singing along to the theme tune come on now you know you want to

We're off to button moon to follow mr spoon.................... :balloon::band:

Okay here's another slice of pie.

Dennis the Menace

Danger Mouse

Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show

- Mainly seen this and the next link thanks to a friend bringing around some episodes he'd downloaded. He could remember it though.

- Excuse me Princess! Urgh!!! Whacks self on head.

- Cartoons based on various types of games were obviously popular at this time.

Felix the Cat

Garfield and Friends

The Jetsons

Pink Panther

- Not so keen on this.

- Can't find this with the proper animation attached I'm afraid. Still nought like a good sea shanty.

I'm getting worried now about just how many cartoons I know. I didn't think I watched TV that much. I know very early childhood we didn't even have one in the house. Mum only got one so they had greater control over what I was watching. Here's another none cartoon but it is regionally appropriate. Plus one extra that I can say I watched for years.

Byker Grove

Blue Peter Intro Christmas 1970s - Though not this early on. Can remember different varients on the theme tune. Don't seem able to find them on youtube though. There was one done on dustbins etc...

These I'm not personally into but thought there may be people who'd like them:

Care Bears

My Little Pony

EDIT:

Can't see I've posted this:

Rainbow

Plus heres some more none cartoons:

A Team

Knight Rider

Airwolf

I'm sorry to admit that's one of the theme tunes I've downloaded on to my mobile. Friend I was out with this evening didn't know it though. Is ages since I saw an episode of Ovide Video but the theme has stuck in my memory. There are one or two others hanging around still that I haven't identified. It's suprising how many of these old cartoons people have uploaded episodes from too. Mind you can never beat DVD quality. Just ordered myself a couple of cartoons complete runs of amazon. Around the World with Willy Fog and Ulysses 31. Mysterious Cities of Gold will be purchased when it is released later this year too. A few others I'm watching the prices of. David the Gnome is cute but I'd prefer it to come down from it's present �20. Can't afford to spend much money on cartoons. Just tend to make me happy as they bring back pleasant memories.

Edit: Reminder to self post Crystal Maze clip.

You must all have square eyes after watching all these cartoons!

Nice to see some MCoG fans around. I love this cartoon and videotaped every episode back in the 80s, but thought I was the only kid who actually liked it.

Does anybody remember Visionaries, Defenders of the Earth, Godzilla, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, and She-Ra? There was also Knightmare although it was an animated gameshow rather than a cartoon.

CBBC and CITV have gone into serious decline since the 80s and no longer show anywhere near as many cartoons as they used to. A few years ago I showed some kids CBBC from 1986/7 and they couldn't believe how much better it was than the CBBC broadcast at the time.

I asked the BBC why they no longer show really great cartoons like MCoG and Ulysses 31. They replied with an excuse that the BBC prefers to show programmes it has produced itself rather than functioning as a broadcaster for third party produced programmes because the bosses believe it is better use of TV licence payer's money. The BBC then mentioned there are hundreds of satellite and cable channels that show repeats of old programmes.

Reminder to self post Crystal Maze clip.

Ooh yes, I liked that a lot. I used to daydream about having a group of friends when I was older so I could go on it. I used to come up with schemes to capture enough tokens at the end in the dome.

There was also Knightmare although it was an animated gameshow rather than a cartoon.

Yes!! I've been trying to remember the name of this one - really enjoyed it :) - Here's a link to the opening credits: Knightmare

Now is it just me, or does anyone else sit at their computer reading through these lists and start singing the theme tunes and acting out lines/catchphrases from them . . . :wacko: My neighbours thought I was wierd enough before . . . :lol:

Edited by Mumble

S used to watch She-Ra & Defenders of the Earth, Canopus. I can still remember last line of feem toon - Defenders of the Earth! (earth earth earth......) all echoey.

Has Mr Men been posted here? JPs major obsession along with Pingu. He had all the books, & to this day, if you say a Mr Man he can tell you the book number, & vice versa.

I was involved in a debate at school whether She-Ra was a girls cartoon or whether it was unisex. Several kids claimed it was for girls and He-Man was for boys. I disagreed and told everybody that She-Ra is better than He-Man because is has better animation, better characters, better storylines, and you get to see a sexy blonde bint. The teacher then told me to report to the head...

no no no no no...............I,m obviously MUCH!!.........older than you lot :whistle:

..............my faves were(can,t do any links so apologises....

1.The hair Bear bunch

2.Hong Kong Phooey

3.Banana splits

4.Pipkins

5.Baba papa

6.Vision on.

7.The double deckers :notworthy: ...........oh those were the days :thumbs:

:D I had a Pingu obsession, too!!

Now why am I not surprised? :lol:

JP was late at getting into regular TV, so I had every Pingu vid going, used to put one on when I needed respite!

For years I have wondered what the most obscure cartoon or animated film is. Here are some suggestions.

Kissyfur - not many people remember this although it was shown at weekends during 1989/90.

The Mouse and his Child - why is this fantastic film so obscure? My (now defunct) video shop had it but I was probably the only person who took it out.

The Secret of Nimh - lots of people have heard of it but never watched it. It is very underrated.

The Voyages of Dr Dolittle - this was shown on CBBC some time in the mid 80s but I must have been the only person who watched it.

The Brave Little Toaster- I thought this was obscure but apparently it is quite popular in the US.

* enter aged hag, stage right*

I remember The Mouse and his Child, both the book and the film.

And the Secret of Nimh

And The Voyages of Dr Dolittle

And the Brave Little Toaster (which we didn't like much)

Because my children watched them

*exit, stage left *

muttering "Marine Boy and Woody Woodpecker in German. Toons are good when in furin parts. Don't need to understand the words see."

Edited by Bard