angel77

oddities

Do any of your children have any? :jester:

I have a 14 yr old and a 3 yr old with autism and they both have the same one. :D

One sock on One sock off.

Angel.

Edited by angel77

That made me think diddle diddle dumpling my son John!

nic

Lol... we sing that to our boys!! Except it's C-John, as John is C's middle name. R does it too, more so than C.

They always lose the sock that comes off though (or the dogs eat it). We go through socks like most people go through toilet paper!

Funny wee people aren't they?

I thought it was just my house that seemed to swallow socks

nice to know its not just me

nic

Still on the sock-thing... picking at socks is a favourite with both my boys too. They pick and pick until they have a loose thread then pull and pull until they have a clump of fuzzy unfurled sock to play with.

Last weekend, I was awoken early by C running through the house after R shouting "He stole my sock fluff!". I've given up with the lectures about ruining their socks, so I simply said to R to go and make his own sock fluff. He looked at me very seriously and told me he couldn't do that because he had no socks left.

We buy new socks every second Saturday, it's routine now - "new-sock-day".

Hi Matthew likes to strip down to his undies, doesn't care who sees etc lol. he is just like my grandad was (also aspergers, who also liked to strip down to his undies even when he was married lol) and also my friends son is the same also with AS! I have heard they get hot!

He also is obsessed with latex gloves!

What is it with socks??!! :lol: Ds 1 used to have a "sock den" (his phrase) where he used to just hide all the socks he'd worn when he took them off at night. He would never tell me wherre it was so I had to hunt around his room 'til I discovered it! :lol: He did find some pretty ingenious places!

He seems to have passed through that phase now but every now and again I find an odd sock in an odd place and laugh realising it was an embryonic sock den! :lol:

Ds2 often takes one sock off and loses the other one - that drives me nuts!! :wallbash:

And personally I prefer to go barefooted wherever possible, and as for slippers :sick: can't stand them anywhere near me!

Oh well we're all different eh? :lol:

Luv Witsend.

Hi Matthew likes to strip down to his undies, doesn't care who sees etc lol. he is just like my grandad was (also aspergers, who also liked to strip down to his undies even when he was married lol) and also my friends son is the same also with AS! I have heard they get hot!

He also is obsessed with latex gloves!

Yes I have one of those too, half naked most of the time and always hot !!!!

As for socks.....hates them we only have about 3 pair that will do as have to be just right with no seams !

Clare x x x

We have fun with socks in our flat. I'm normally the one with one sock on and the other off. I also buy packs and packs of the things and still never seem to have any clean, and never find the dirty ones either. I think the cats eat them when we are asleep. :lol:

We have fun with socks in our flat. I'm normally the one with one sock on and the other off. I also buy packs and packs of the things and still never seem to have any clean, and never find the dirty ones either. I think the cats eat them when we are asleep. :lol:

Same in our house too, you would not believe how many and how often I buy socks still to find no clean ones. :wallbash:

My son loves socks- especially ones with writing on the sole and stripey. He also likes to wear odd socks.

When people come into the house, he inspects everyones socks. He also has a thing for tights - likes to touch them.

Forbsay

Edited by forbsay

My son loves socks- especially ones with writing on the sole and stripey. He also likes to wear odd socks.

When people come into the house, he inspects everyones socks. He also has a thing for tights - likes to touch them.

Forbsay

Ooh that takes me back - JP used to have a tights fetish, always stroking his teachers legs! Luckily he grew out of it.

Ooh that takes me back - JP used to have a tights fetish, always stroking his teachers legs! Luckily he grew out of it.

:D Just as well, methinks - wouldn't go down too well at the grand old age of 18 :o

My big one (8) has to have socks on at all times (bar the bath) and puts clean socks on for bed!

My little one (4) is obsessive about the picture needing to be on the front which is tricky as all the pictures are designed to go on the side, I try and turn them round but that's not right either and he cries

The little one would not contemplate odd socks - he checks them!

My son refuses to wear socks at home or at nursery. He will however put them on after he has got out of the bath at my mums. One of his little funnies! x

my girl HATES wearing socks, but so do I :unsure: She always takes her socks off and stuffs things into them, little bits of ripped paper bits of toys, she has a thing for sucking them to, even rank dirty ones. :wacko:

my son strips off alot, and hides in Dens he builds on the sofa. as soon as he walks in a house any house , socks and shoes are off...he also collects stones from everywhere we go ..... ....

my son strips off alot, and hides in Dens he builds on the sofa. as soon as he walks in a house any house , socks and shoes are off...he also collects stones from everywhere we go ..... ....

C does the den thing too! He builds his on the armchair and closes himself in using the cushions... the only gap is the space he makes so he can still see the TV.

Yes we have the stone thing too, have a huge collection of rocks, pebbles, lumps of chalk etc.,

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63