soraya

so fed up today

Im having a really bad week, Nick was so good last week but this week he is the child from hell!!Anything l say is wrong and if l ask him to do anything he wont, l am so fed up of the constant battle, and l find myself in tears most of the day. When l see kids going to school, laughing and joking with there friends it tears me up inside and l just find myself crying. Havin him home 24/7 dosent help, he just wants to lie in bed all day and eat, he has put on so much weight it is a real worry, l feel that we are both in a big black hole that we cant get out of :crying::crying: Nick really needs a residential school, but the LEA will not budge, l really hate them!! :wallbash:

Soraya, I've got the same LEA as you, and I hate them too!

Have you got a resi school in mind?

Last week, you saw the good side of Nick, so you know that if the school were right, what life could be like.

s

xxx

Hi Soraya,

Sorry you're having a bad week, I truly sympathise. After my week last week I have had a couple of reasonable days with AJ - been into school for a few lessons and I even got a hug for buying him a prawn sandwich!!! Still, like you, I'm on tenterhooks the whole time not knowing what will happen next.

Keep posting.

Stella xx

I know the 24-7 thing its so intence, I so want J to go back to school, even if its a couple of hours but he is just so resistant and confrontational that it is prooving too difficult, I have found it difficult to do things for myself too, but managing it bit by bit, I hear how desperate you are with the situation and the LEA are totally ignoring this would a letter help them understand your sons situation or maybe some home video diary, I did this with J and gave it to education and his GP and they understand the difficulties a lot more, I am keeping a daily diary and giving into meetings and SEN, and preparation for upcoming possible tribunal for Special school.

Has he had an assessment for any other possible cause for the wanting to eat and sleep all day, possible thyriod, depression ect....

J is the other way, always active, doesnt sleep much and then doesnt eat enough for energy he uses.

We are with you for some parts though.

Hugs,

JsMum

Thanks everyone for your support, things are no better, l think we have had enough of each other, he cant even leave me alone at work, this afternoon he called me 3 times calling me names and swearing at me because he couldnt find his train pass!!!Good job work is understanding or l would have lost my job by now!! He is out on his bike after l told him not to go out as he doesnt have any lights, but he just got abusive and went anyway. Cant seem to stop crying today which dosent do anything to help the suituation, l think its my hormones as l usually cope quite well. Anyway l am off now to see my gorgous baby grandaughter, she is 5 months and the best tonic going, Nick can do what he likes l need a break :tearful::tearful:

Guest Lya of the Nox

hope you had fun with the baby >:D<<'> >:D<

not sure what else to say tho

seems we are all having similar education issues and they all the same age :(

x

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time. I feel the same at the moment as well. Things are going from bad to worse and i'm not sure where it's going to go next. I suppose one consulation is we can have amoan at each other here and there's lots of support. Just knowing you're not on your own sometimes helps.

soraya and others i know exactly what you are going though >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ive never got any advice really but keep posting,you def not alone in this,i used to have days where i would sit in a cemetery freezing cold and sob because i didnt want to go home,only a few months ago,hang onin there,

pester your mp for what you know nick needs,admittedly my mum had to pester mine cos i lost my fight really and a letter from my mp gave my lea a kick up the bum,its so hard to gight when you feel down,hopefully you will get up tomorrow feeling brighter >:D<i hope so anyway >:D<<'>

This 24/7 thing is just so tough isn't it. Like you I see other kids, laughing and chatting off to school and I feel very sad. I am really hoping our Children out of school worker will help to make improvements to our current situation Does your Education Authority / Council have a simualr service ?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

This 24/7 thing is just so tough isn't it. Like you I see other kids, laughing and chatting off to school and I feel very sad. I am really hoping our Children out of school worker will help to make improvements to our current situation Does your Education Authority / Council have a simualr service ?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

No l dont think we do have this sevice, our LEA is rubbish, they promised they would phone me back this afternoon, but surprise,surprise no call!! :wallbash::wallbash: If Nick gets violent tommorow l will have to call the police, at least somebody might do something then :tearful::tearful:

Soraya, It might be worth ringing either the EA or your local council to find out, you have to have a referral from school. I had never heard of them and neither had quite a few people including pro's when I was first approached, I've got an idea they might be part of social services but I am not emtirely sure. I truly hope your areas does as i think this could really help.

Thinking of you Soraya,

Clare x x x

Thanks claire, l will ring the social worker although knowing her she wont have a clue!!! All is calm at the moment, Nick has promised his Dad he will not get angry today, fingers crossed as l really have to get on with some cleaning today as the place is a mess, although what l really need is a good book, no kids, and a duvet day!!! Oh well dream on!!! Actuallly l always feel better when the house is clean so l better get on with it.Heres to a nice stress free day for everyone!!