bid

Bid and Kellyanne's Excellent Adventure

Woah, most excellent, dudes!! :thumbs::clap:

Just got back from our whistle-stop visit to Scotland to see the man himself, taking with us my DD#1, Kellyanne's DH and DSs #1 and 2.

First of all, Super Stars of the whole trip were the three kids. They were all absolutely brilliant, and a real pleasure to have with us :wub:>:D<<'>

'Trip Saint' award goes to Kellyanne's DH, who suffered two back-seat drivers 'navigating' from Glasgow to Ayr and back again :ph34r: with never a cross word or raised eye-brow :notworthy:

'Most Excellently Averted Meltdown' award goes to J, who kept calm even when Kellyanne dropped his rubix cube and it smashed into its constituent components :o:ph34r::tearful:

'Trip Sweetie' award goes to H, who is 5 and was lurving my DD :wub:

...and finally, 'Fabbiest Nails' award goes to my DD for her jade green garjuss finger tips, not bitten since Xmas :dance:

Will have to leave it there until tomorrow to tell all about our assessments, as I'm shattered and my head is :wacko::blink::hypno:

Bid :D

Ooooh, nearly forgot...'Most Graceful Fall Off A Slide' award goes to Kellyanne, and if someone will PM her how to turn the photo into an avvy you'll all get to see it!! :lol::devil:

(Kellyanne, feel free to Carry On Posting if you get here before me tomorrow :D )

Edited by bid

Sounds intriguing. :)

Did you manage to get the rubix cube back together?? :lol:

K x

totally bogus dude!! :lol:

Yes we managed to put it back together every time it broke!!

I have to agree with everything Bid has said, the whole trip was really good. I am so proud of my boys as I thought there would be more problems and outburts. Bid's DD is so lovely even when she had H practically glued to her side the whole time we were there. :lol: Although the 'Most Graceful Fall off a Slide' bit I am not too sure on. Bid and DH are not nice peeps for taking that piccy and then laughing at it :(

I have to say I was left shocked because the reason we had gone was to have my DS #1 & 2 and also for Bid and her DD assessed, but while J was having his thang with Mr Jordan and Mr Jordan was asking J his questions I found myself quietly saying yes to nearly all the questions! :o Mr J asked if anyone has had migraines, Well yes I do, and where abouts i get my headaches, At the front and sides, He also told me where i get my pain in my body. This is a man whom I have never ever in my life met before to even spoken to about myself, when we spoke on the phone it was about J, and HE is telling ME where I get pain, How spooky :o with this he asks his lovely wife to give me an eye test. :o I was so not expecting any of this what-so-ever and found myself in tears in the middle of the eye test :tearful:

Anyways we get to the questions part and then the part when we go into his room to look at the lovely colours. Mine is green by the way, just in case you were wondering :lol: Any how to cut a long story short all my senses are 'wrong' and when I put the green specs on everything was just....erm....right. I could see a whole face instead of just whatever part I looked at and my darling most wonderful hubby, who put up with all of us girlies (me and bid really) said that when I walked up and down the stairs with the glasses on that was I more confident and I wasn't 'looking' for the stairs I was just doing it, unlike when I didn't have them on, this is something that I had never noticed before. DH has a thing that when he hold my hand he strokes it with his thumb and i cannot bear it, Mr J stroked my hand with the green light on and I could cope with it but when he put the red light on I couldn't! Mr J did other things too and things that I found difficult without the green light, were good with the green light. I came away feeling very emotional. Not quite sure why it made me emotional though :wacko: I haven't decided if I'm gonna get a pair of glasses yet. Still trying to take it all in. :)

With J he got on really well too his senses are all 'wrong' just a little more than mine. He too is green We didn't really try the glasses on J, I don't think he would've put them on anyway. We ordered his and H's glasses J is not loving the idea of wearing them at school but we will cross this bridge when we get to it. H, well he's just cheesed off coz he hasn't got the colour he wanted, he has purple Not sure if they are gonna have much of an effect on him though. J's will most definately help him, so now we are just waiting for Mr J to post them to us which will only take about 10 days.

Mr J if you are reading his I just want to say, Thank you so much. We already knew that J and possibly H had sensory problems but I honestly didn't think for one minute that I did, I just thought everything was meant to be the way i saw it. It was alot for me to take in about myself and if it seemed like you had upset me, don't worry you didn't. >:D<<'>

Thank you again.

Sounds great :thumbs: Glad to hear a positive review, was going to see Mr J anyway but am definitely going to haul myself up to scottyland now. :D

SG

He is a lovely man and everything he does is fun if, unlike me, your expecting it :lol: :lol:

You'll have a fabby time :thumbs:

KA x x x

Isn't he fabulous? :clap: :clap: :clap::notworthy: :notworthy:

At this rate, we'll be able to recognise each other at Greenwich by all the different coloured glasses!! :thumbs:B) (mine are blue btw). What colour have you got Bid? Are you going to get coordinating sparklies to go with them? :unsure::P

Kellyanne, if you'd actually worn the specs on the slide in the first place, you might not have fallen off! :lol: :lol:

Sciencegeek - definitely go if you can - it is no understatement to say that my specs have been life-changing.

Kellyanne, if you'd actually worn the specs on the slide in the first place, you might not have fallen off! :lol: :lol:

this is possibly true, although I just like to think that I went down to fast :lol: :lol:

My son ben is off to see mr jordan tomorrow night in suny sleaford!!! I was hoping to take ben but am full of cold so may send dh instead which is a shame cos i would love to meet the man himself

Back again...been knocked out today and feeling quite :wacko::hypno::tearful::sick: after a busy two days!

My DD has auditory and visual persistence problems which are affected by visual stimulus, so she's getting blue specs to modify the stimulus and reduce the problems.

I have a sensory integration disorder, and green lenses do it for me! I wouldn't want to wear them all the time as colour (and my emotional relationship with it) is one of the most important things in my life, but they would make a huge difference for me in meetings at work, where I really need to be able to look at other people properly, etc.

Ooh, ooh Kellyanne!! If you wear your green specs and I wear mine, you can straighten my hair and we'll both be OK!! :devil::clap::lol:

Bid

Should add, that the frames I chose are particularly fabby and funkaaayyyyyyy :dance::clap:

Edited by bid

Back again...been knocked out today and feeling quite :wacko::hypno::tearful::sick: after a busy two days!

My DD has auditory and visual persistence problems which are affected by visual stimulus, so she's getting blue specs to modify the stimulus and reduce the problems.

I have a sensory integration disorder, and green lenses do it for me! I wouldn't want to wear them all the time as colour (and my emotional relationship with it) is one of the most important things in my life, but they would make a huge difference for me in meetings at work, where I really need to be able to look at other people properly, etc.

Ooh, ooh Kellyanne!! If you wear your green specs and I wear mine, you can straighten my hair and we'll both be OK!! :devil::clap::lol:

Bid

Should add, that the frames I chose are particularly fabby and funkaaayyyyyyy :dance::clap:

So you're officially now a green eyed monsta!! :devil:

Do narcisistic people wear mirrored lenses?

:D

He is super :party: were officially members of his fan club now, my boy is a blue dude!...................he was using them alot this weekend when he was on the computer :thumbs: and he is so much more aware and acute with them on.He is also more alive and noisy :rolleyes: ..................

I've just found this. Don't know how I missed it.

bid... I have green lenses too with super funky frames B)

I really think everyone who has these glasses needs to go to the Greenwich thing...

I can't wear mine all the time because they filter out a bit too much and it gets on my nerves after a while... but they are great for driving with and walking through a busy street etc.

Flozza :dance:

I'm looking forward to seeing Mr J. Hoping for mid April. Have the feeling that my coloured lenses are useless, I used to get migraines before having these now I just get headaches. :unsure: Got pink at the moment, but have the feeling I'm more a blue.

Ooooh, nearly forgot...'Most Graceful Fall Off A Slide' award goes to Kellyanne, and if someone will PM her how to turn the photo into an avvy you'll all get to see it!! :lol::devil:

Ok Peeps as you can see I have finally figured out how to change my avatar now you can all see the above mentioned pic

KA x x

Yes, but what we've been missing all along is any explanation of why a grown woman was on the kiddies slide in the first place? :unsure::devil:

Yes, but what we've been missing all along is any explanation of why a grown woman was on the kiddies slide in the first place? :unsure::devil:

I was reliving my youth. I love slides and thought I'd show the kiddies how much fun mummy can have. :lol: only I didn't expect it to be that fast or even for me to fall off at the end :lol:

The best bit was the fact that it was a very long, very high 'tubey-twisty' slide, and as Kellyanne went down you could hear this sort of 'thunk-thunk-thunk', and then she shot out of the end with a screech and landed on the ground!!

Bid :devil:

The best bit was the fact that it was a very long, very high 'tubey-twisty' slide, and as Kellyanne went down you could hear this sort of 'thunk-thunk-thunk', and then she shot out of the end with a screech and landed on the ground!!

Hmm, that sounds alarmingly similar to my Glasgow fall out of the end of the slide, slide. This wasn't in Glasgow, was it? :unsure:

Hmm, that sounds alarmingly similar to my Glasgow fall out of the end of the slide, slide. This wasn't in Glasgow, was it? :unsure:

No mumble it wasn't it was in Ayr just down the road from Mr Jordan

Bid :devil:

the 'thunk thunk thunk' you could hear was my.......erm.......takes a moment to think........boots....again thinking.....yeah thats right :unsure:......ponders for a moment........ yes I'm defo right it was my boots and not the weight of my adult body!!!!!

Thank you Kellyanne for my new avvy, too!

This is me on the swings in the same playground :clap:

Bid :D

You can all tell me I don't look my age now!! :devil:

Edited by bid

I've just booked my appointment to go see Mr J :thumbs:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Just make sure your plane has two rigid wings and a straight tail.

I've just booked my appointment to go see Mr J :thumbs:

You'll have a fab time SG, only if you plan to stay over the motel in Ayr we used was bad (not sure if I can put it on here where we stayed. Mods please take it out if I'm not allowed thanx)

KA x x

Edit:- If mods take the name of the place out SG pm me and I'll tell you

Edited by baddad
See above! :lol

You'll have a fab time SG, only if you plan to stay over the motel in Ayr we used was bad (not sure if I can put it on here where we stayed. Mods please take it out if I'm not allowed thanx)

KA x x

Edit:- If mods take the name of the place out SG pm me and I'll tell you

hi kellyanne i've just booked an appointment for my dd to see MR J could you pm me the details of hotel aswell please. Thanks Toni

Well i've just got back and kellyanne was right about a certain hotel i complained got a refund and went to another much nicer hotel. Mr jordan was fantastic dd thinks he's a mind reader he was brilliant with her, he has helped loads and can't wait for dd's glasses to arrive. Toni

Just booked my flight

Did you specifically ask for a plane with two straight wings? :unsure: You would think it would come as standard, but it doesn't ...