How many of you were born early/late or complications during the birth? It was one of the questions asked me and I wondered why that was? I was born 5 weeks early.

Both mine (NT & AS) were 2 1/2 weeks early to the day. I'm only ickle so I reckon they ran out of room! Far more traumatic with S (NT) forceps etc, JP was nearly called Allegro as he came so fast I almost gave birth in the car! :lol:

How many of you were born early/late or complications during the birth? It was one of the questions asked me and I wondered why that was? I was born 5 weeks early.

My eldest daughter with A/S was born at term and was a normal delivery, My youngest ?A/S ? Dyspraxia daughter was also born at terms with no complications.

My other two children both with no problems both had complications at birth My youngest being born at 35 weeks....

I think these questions are asked for most assessments whether they are physical or psychological.

Anne x

My eldest daughter (ASD) - induced early at 37wks due to IUGR - delivered by ventouse after 3 days labour - youngest (NT) daughter normal delivery after a couple of hours labour.

Take care,

Jb

As a fellow Aspie, I had a very straightforward birth at home with no complications other than coming a bit quicker than anticipated so that the midwife only just got there in time :lol:

Bid

Edited by bid

My NT daughter had a fairly traumatic birth, but Logan who is austistic was born two weeks early by elective section and it was fairly straightforward (for him - complications for me).

Lynne

T was born 18 days late, he just didn't want to be born. I had countless gels and eventually after 4 days I went into a very slow labour and had him a few days later (with complications).

The Dr's said to me maybe because he has special needs he didn't know when it was time to be born, which is quite interesting in itself!

As a fellow Aspie, I had a very straightforward birth at home with no complications other than coming a bit quicker than anticipated so that the midwife only just got there in time :lol:

Bid

Snap, bid - I was almost delivered by my dad! Mind you it was partly his fault, he told the midwife mum had had 3 pains when in fact they were every 3 mins! (well he got the 3 bit right :rolleyes: ) :lol:

We were asked that during cals dx process, when he was referred to a neurologist- he wanted to know this as traumatic births can result in neural damage, which he said cal probably had a little of. Probably in the fontal lobes as thats where most of our communication/social processing goes on. Not that there's anything he could do about it!

Esther x

Hi Matthew was born just a week early but that was a planned caesarean section and went kind of straightforward really. he seemed ok, just 2 days on though his reflux started (and boy did I know about that one lol ;) )

We too were asked the same during the dx process. Connor was born 3 weeks early by assisted delivery following a very long labour.

Clare

Hi All.I think one of the reasons they ask about birth and complications during the assessment process is partly to rule out other possible conditions...which are strongly associated with complications during labour or birth.Karen.

Snap, bid - I was almost delivered by my dad! Mind you it was partly his fault, he told the midwife mum had had 3 pains when in fact they were every 3 mins! (well he got the 3 bit right :rolleyes: ) :lol:

My dear old dad, too...but he always told me it meant so much to him that he was there when I was born :tearful:

He was an educational psychologist, and he did loads of 'tests' on me at only an hour or so old, like reflex, grip, etc, and something to do with music but I can't remember what that one was all about...

Bid :)