ScienceGeek

Off now for a few days

Righty ho. This is me off now for a few days. Going into hospital for my op in the morning, got everything packed up and ready to go. Still feeling rather calm which is nice and very unusual for me. Have a nice weekend folks. :thumbs:

Righty ho. This is me off now for a few days. Going into hospital for my op in the morning, got everything packed up and ready to go. Still feeling rather calm which is nice and very unusual for me. Have a nice weekend folks. :thumbs:

Hope it goes all ok, break a leg as they say, its good your feeling calm, you must of been preparing, and sycing yourself up for tomorrow, I dont really like hospitals, but I hope your visit is nice, do they understand that you have autism as some hospitals have specific nurses so they understand if you get upset with the sensorys of a hospital?

Anyway break a leg.

JsMum

Hope it goes all ok, break a leg as they say, its good your feeling calm, you must of been preparing, and sycing yourself up for tomorrow, I dont really like hospitals, but I hope your visit is nice, do they understand that you have autism as some hospitals have specific nurses so they understand if you get upset with the sensorys of a hospital?

Anyway break a leg.

JsMum

Well I did mention it quite a few times, to anyone who would listen :lol: I was never worried about the actual surgery, more about staying in an unfamiliar place, change of routine, being in a busy noisy ward etc.

Are the nursing team aware of your diagnosis? in some hospitals they take into account this, so a seperate room, maybe a single room, or just with another patient, they will have things in a care plan, stating the staff, who will be your nurse, doctor surgeon ect,,, have as much planning in as possible to help with the change.

Is anyone going to attend with you to help you settle in ect....

JsMum

by the time you read this you should have had the op,so i wont say good luck,i say speedy recovery >:D<<'> >:D<<'>