JsMum

Whats your habbit when your happy?

I thought so, so it a normal thing to do then,

I sing when I am happy, to myself of course, and only in my own company, I cant sing in tune very well but I can think of some cool lyrics,

I cant write the words down because they disapear but I sing my own songs when I am happy,

I was singing my own version of a song yesterday and J became instantly annoyed, I explained to him its what people do when there happy,

I said to him to put on some ear phones and close the door if he didnt like my singing, and I continued, the next thing J is going mental!

I got upset and told him off because at the end of the day all I was doing was singing and I wast hurting anyone, in the end it wasnt long before I stopped singing because I wasnt happy any longer.

JsMum

ps

J does have severe sensory difficulties so I do understand how distressing this must be to him but it is hard not to sing when your happy.

Edited by JsMum

J hates it when I sing (and no, not for the obvious reason).

If he's reading something obsessional he can block it out, otherwise it's really irritating to him.

Sometimes in the car he'll say "I'm only letting you sing along with this song because I know how much you like it" then he'll insist I turn it off when it's finished.

I'm working on singing regardless because (as J'smum says) it's something he has to learn to accept because people do it all the time, and he can't expect people not to sing just because he doesn't like it.

KAren

x

When Connor was small I used to sing to him everynight, mostly songs from the Sound of Music (sad I know, but I know all the words), but no he is older, he just groans and tells met to shut up :( though occasionally he asks me to join in with him singing and its usually something heavy metal :rolleyes:

Clare x x x

off topic i know clare but i love sound of music and today i got the video for20p in a charity shop :thumbs:

Wow, your singing must be really bad :lol:

But seriously, I think a lot of people sing when they are happy. The ideal solution would be to find a way for him to tolerate it, but I know that's not easy.

Singing and playing the piano.

Eldest son (AS) singings very loudly and claps his hands - often while he is shut in the bathroom.

does he think no-one can hear him?

I sing loudly, joyfully and above all, badly!!! But I do enjoy a good shanty or two, when the mood takes me! And if I'm with lij, I get to indulge another joyous habit- skipping! Its terribly freeing and lolloping along the road is sooooo much fun!

Cal,at the age of 10, gets mega-embarrassed by this and has been known to try and hide away- saddoness by association! What a terrible affliction for a growing boy!

Perhaps I should campaign for National Skipping day!!!! :D

Esther x