Sign in to follow this  
invent 10 things b4 breakfast

Statement Review

Thanks for the support regarding my review this morning. It seems to go well :thumbs:

We maintained the level of support for S, which is 20 hours, and managed to fluster the SENCo - which is always satisfying :devil: She had actually removed 5 hours worth of lunchtime supprt without any consent or consultation from the LEA, did not look good infront of the Ed Psyc - bearing in mine those hours were specified in the statement :angry:

Anyway I think we are happy with the outcome, just hope that they keep to their side of the bargin. With regard to the comment previously made by the teacher -

If his teacher asks the whole class to "put your hand up if you like "S", then put your hand up if you like working with "S", then put you hand up if it distracts you when "S" rolls around on the carpet and finally put you hand up if you would like "S" more if he didn't do it!
- she wasn't expecting that one and I think a certain teacher is in for a rocket up the backside this afternoon :oops:

The Ed Psyc took loads of notes and was SO on our side, even at one point asking for additional hours to be considered! I don't think he needs extra hours I think that the ones he has just needs to be used productively.

So I can take a huge sigh of relief now... just got to go through the transition to middle school next year, decisions this year.

really pleased it has gone so well B) - laughed at some of what you had typed - I think you have to when there are some things as outrageous as that happening to our children.

hopefully they will stick to it without further prompts

Carol

Pleased it went well for you. And glad you got ep on your side. Great to have a pro who understands and is willing to wotk for you not against you. Love Kat

Hi,

I'm glad it went well for you today.

Let's hope the teacher gets what's coming to her (a rocket!) ;)

Hopefully she'll learn from this and won't do it again?

Loulou x

With regards to the "rocket" teacher... she was very sheepish this morning when I took "S" into class, couldn't find enough other things to be doing rather than have eye contact with me. :oops:

During the review meeting they wheel (figure of speech) in "S" to present his wonderful work to us, which was impressive, and hasn't he made such an improvement... but they failed to mention that he had previously spent time sent to the head - for going into the girls toilet to get soap (the boys don't have any!) and for banging on the toilet door and looking under the girls toilet door :oops: However, they failed to listen to "S" side of the story which was he wanted to check the shoes to see which girls were sniggering because the class was lineing up and he wanted to warn the girls they were going. Was actually trying to be helpful and did not see what was wrong with it.

Needless to say we had angry outbursts this morning because the Head had called him a liar and the boy who told on him was a liar and they didn't listen to him. So I asked if he told them why he did it and he said they wouldn't listen to him so he didn't tell them. :angry:

I thought being sent to the Head was a bit severe, he's 8!

Edited by invent 10 things b4 breakfast

Dear 10

I can see the sending to Head - my 4 were often sent for minor misedemeanours.

However, am surprised that Head should take it upon himself to call 'S' a liar -very unHeadly thing to do.

Barefoot

I posted this positive post back in March and it is with regret that I have to revoke it!

We had parent consultations this week and absolutely none of the recommendations that we and the Ed Psyc made have been implemented :angry:

We discover that our son's teacher also cannot get him to write in class but she has never mentioned a thing to us :wallbash:

Not one :angry:

Bearing in mind last year (Y2) he got A1 for both numeracy and literacy and exceeded in his SAT's test and this year he has gone backwards. He has 20 hours a week TA support, surely someone could have pointed these things out to us.

I have now got the physiotherapist and the Ed Psyc to contact the school and finally today they rang to arrange a meeting (at their convieniance) with the SENCo.

I am so angry with the school for lying about his support, it's a good job the meeting's on Monday as I think I would explode at her right now!

Only 5 months after the review we find all this out!

Oh, and one of the points we raised at the review was lack of communication, ironic :angry: Shall be on the phone to his case worker in the morning!

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: