ScienceGeek

My adventure to see Ian Jordan

I thought I may as well post this up now seeing as I have nearly 6hrs until my flight leaves and nothing to do. The journey went ok, but tiring. First there was the journey in the car to Bristol airport, then the flight to Glasgow international. Once I arrived at Glasgow international there was a bus to paisley gilmour street, train to johnstone, bus to kilwinning, train to ayr. I forgot to print off a map to find the hotel and it took me about 90mins to find the place!

The hotel I stayed at was great and it was right on the seafront. I had the view of the sea from my room!! I miss living by the sea. The food was really good and the service there was excellent so if anyone wants to know the name of the hotel just send me a PM. I didn't get very much sleep though as the room was rather hot, I think it was more a problem with me though as I have always found that with hotels.

This morning I trundled over to Jordans opticians and luckily this didn't take me that long to find. He was really nice to me. Did lots of tests and some of them left me rather amused. I couldn't believe that having that different colour would make such a difference. Basically the old pair of coloured lenses done by the colourimeter test were completely wrong. Who would have thought that it would make a difference even to things like strength and hearing?!

Anyway so I shall have some new green glasses on their way soon! :thumbs:

Definitely a positive experience and worth the effort of getting myself up here.

Hi SG

Good to hear all OK, if you get some time and you explain what the green glasses are all about?

I haven't a clue.

Thanks

glad it went well SG. Mr J is lovely isn't he-did you do the chocolate test? :)

Yes he is lovely and I did do the chocolate test, conclusion is that chocolate is yummy. :thumbs::eat::lol:

It is but it tastes better in green light...

I had to do that test 3 times once for me, then for my 2 boys. :)

Yes it did taste much better in green light :thumbs: The one with the arms was funny though, I didn't think it would make a difference to strength!! :o

no i didn't but because of the boys I had to put 1 hand on their head and then I could feel/taste what they could.

To make sure the boys had the right colour he pushed down on my arm and it's amazing no matter how hard I tried to stop him from moving my arm down he succeeded but when the boys had the right colour on them he couldn't get my arm down. If that makes any sense

Yeah, there was a person before me with two kids and I saw them do that as well. I'm thinking of taking gf up there when I go to have mine reviewed next year.

For those of you who have seen him, how long did it take for your glasses to come through? He said 7-10 days and it has been 12 days. I'm getting paranoid that they went missing in the post or something. :unsure:

For those of you who have seen him, how long did it take for your glasses to come through? He said 7-10 days and it has been 12 days. I'm getting paranoid that they went missing in the post or something. :unsure:

My boys had theirs within a week. Glad you are liking the new specs SG :thumbs: