elun1

tomorrow

Hi everyone

Please keep everything crossed for mr tomorrow.It's O's Statement review which I called early as very concerned as part of his wonderful autistic unit has been taken and is being used for other purposes by the mainstream school. Already had a long long battle and tomorrow is just another step in it. Normally I cope OKish but have been feeling very unwell (stress) I think due to this and also my eldest went for asd assessment a couple of weeks ago and is also asd most likely. Paeds said he is but still has to do ADOS. Also I'm a teacher and school so hectic. I'm struggling big time. Lost a stone, no appetite, shakes, bursting into tears, panic etc etc. Just want to be able to hold it together in the meeting and not let O down. I feel about a hundred years old at the moment!

Thanks, Elun xx

There isn't a fingers crossed emoticon and it makes my typing Bard speed, so I'll send you some of these instead >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I spent the morning with some stressed and weary teachers today - you'd think after SATs things would be happy and joyful, but it seems to be anything but - I guess it's one of those anti-climax things. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Thankyou Lisa and Mumble. Funnily enough I think I might start to feel a bit better after the review. I've prepared and prepared for it and think I really need to get in and deal with it. Then I can move on to the next stage and also try and concentrate on W's ASD and work out what he really needs. Thanks for your advice on that btw Mumble. It really did help me decide what was right for him >:D<<'>

fingers crossed, toes crossed.................legs crossed..........arms crossed.............eyes crossed :wacko:

......................seriously hope you get good news today ..........best of luck with the meeting, hugs suzex

only just found this, but crossing stuff now and hoping it was a PM meeting...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Thanks ever so much everyone.

Well it wasn't too bad after all that stressing!! The LEA Rep was there as I'd requested (as well as eveyone else!) and all the points were noted and now an LEA investigation will take place into the changes in the autsitic unit. I've got SNAP cymru amd NAS and IPSEA all involved and they are being very helpful so far. Today was just a step in a journey to try and sort it out but it felt like I just had to get it right and not forget to say anything or get too emotional. Only felt dodgy once when his lovely lovely teacher read her report and it was realistic but very moving. She had pointed out so many positives about him as well as the challenges he faces. THANKS everyone - so so grateful for your support

Elun xxxxx

Hi elun your post screams out slow down, is there any chance that you could maybe do less hours at work or get some home support, Having one child with autsim is hard but 2 children with Autism that has to be a real challenge, Its hard work attending appointments, doing the prework to get the right support and then the assessments, reviews, if school is really hectic it could be this that is really breaking your stress levels.

You need to really slow down, before your body does.

JsMum

Thanks, yes I know what you mean J's mum - I know I not well at the mo. Ive cut my hours from September so will only be doin 2 permanent days per week and supply when we really broke! A few weeks ago I had a really funny few days where I literally could not stop crying. I spent a good deal of time chattin to friends but have little memory of what I said to them :o I also ended up drivin at top speed to docs and told GP there was absolutely no way I could carry on. Have been referred for counselling - no wonder really!! Theres a 12 week wait but I can see doc again if I feel worse. Most worrying thing really is weight loss as I didnt really have any to lose but am trying very hard to start eating again. Some days are easier than others - but I'm so relieved to have got thro today. Im also lucky as I have a couple of very good friends that I can talk to whenever I need to.

Thanks again for listening - I'm a real old misery at the moment - Im even boring myself!!

Elun xx