Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Music

Bill, being 14, likes to play cd's while he's tapping away on his pc, nothing unusual there for a teenager, except that it's usual Disney's greatest hits, his favourite being 'Under The Sea' from the Little Mermaid :unsure::lol:

I'd been out with Ben this afternoon and came home to the sound of loud rock music bellowing from upstairs; as my dd has gone to her Grandma's for some peace to revise I realised it couldn't be her and was delighted to discover that it was Bill playing a cd he'd borrowed off his sister :dance: Which means his music taste has caught up with the fact that he's no longer 5 years old :thumbs:

Flozza :lol:

Oh that post was close to my heart!

My parents look after B between school and collection by me, have done for years and now it's just habit.

The downside was that for years, his favourite bands were ~The Seekers..and....Andy Stewart ( White Heather club anyone?)

So he'd have Sinner Man on repeat.

Last year he discovered The Levellers.

Yeah! :groupwave:

And now he has an MP3, so the fact it's got two albums on it, and a repeat button means he's very happy.

Cool! :thumbs: Jay has absolutely no interest in music at all, much to the disappointment of DH, who is obsessed with all sorts of weird music. Jay wouldn't know Kylie from Meatloaf! :whistle:

~ Mel ~

B disapproves of rap because it has rude words and they don't sing in English. :lol:

He is the pedantic son of a teacher and a linguist.

We had this in reverse. J could never tolerate 'kiddie' music, went straight into Nirvana and The White Stripes and has never looked back.

I clearly remember his 4th birthday party. He wouldn't have any children there, only his family grown ups. We all had to be a Thunderbirds character (J was dressed as Virgil Tracy) and wear International Rescue badges saying who we were. Then we played Pass The Parcel to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', and the winner got a Lady Penelope mug. It was a funny old day.

Karen

x

Wow that is good! We bought our 14yr old son an IPOD for his birthday, and his collection is pokemon theme tunes, sound effects, zelda theme tune and sound effects, theme tune from Dr Who and sound effects from Mario and Nintendo in general. He is starting to like rock music now thanks to guitar hero and is even learning to play electric guitar!! My eldest son is not considered AS enough to get a full diagnosis!

J's music tastes have changed this last year, he used to love to listen to KT Tunstall and Jack Johnson and now its Korn and System of a Down played as loud as possible.

He buys the Kerrang every week, has his room covered in posters, wears black t-shirts with his favourite bands on and has now decided to grow his hair so he can shake it, its in a terrible state but he won't have it cut because he's a rocker!

I think its wonderful :thumbs:

This morning he's playing his cd compilation of songs from Sonic games.... maybe I spoke too soon!

Flozza :)

This strikes a chord!! Cal, in the past 6 months, has developed a taste in music that is eclectic and all his own. Hes flitting from fun stuff like Outkast and Black-Eyed Peas to horrendous 'bangin' choonz' and dance compilations, to the wailing of Mika (ARRRRGH!!!!)then onto the marvels of Metallica and My Chemical Romance and The Fratellis and suchlike. Hoping this leaning towards metal develops so I can take him to festivals when hes older. Me, Cal ad Lij rather enjoy bouncing around, shoutingour heads off in the car to the Dropkick Murphys at the mo!! What fun, whee!

He also made the decision to grow his hair- I thought he meant an EMO style, but he wants it as long as my other halfs, apparently! Pretty soon, I'm gonna have the shortest hair in the house, and Im the only girl!! :P

Its weird, as up till this point, while hes liked music, hes never wanted his own cds or voiced opinions on his own preferences, but now hes doing so. And im very proud, as even though hes been teased at school for having 'long' hair (not quite, yet!) he is adamant that he doesn't give a hoot and will do as he pleases with it.

My kid rocks!

Esther x

another long haired rocker here too :), our son has always loved rock and now plays electric guitar and seriously wants to be in a rock group when older :pray: when he's not playing that he's playing guitar hero B)

biker69

Heheh, Cal wants to come with us to a Biker festival where other half is playing!! Will see what I can do but hes a bit dubious of the crowds and noise levels, wee soul. Lij wants to come too, but I don't think hes big enough-literally, hes weeny and I'd be terrified of losing him!! We shall see!

I'm just sooooo grateful Cal's tastes have changed....I remember driving down to Blackpool when he was small, accompanied by a tape he was addicted to...

Do any of you recall that atrocity of a dance choon, that went, (and I quote!Its etched forever on my memory, alas!!) 'I'm blue, da-ba-dee-da-ba-di,da-ba-dee-da-ba-di' on and on, ad nauseum?? It was that one....over and over...and over...until I truly thought I was going to go maaaaaaaaaad!! There was even a horrendous rappy bit on the extended version.....3 different versions of the same tripe on one tape, I ask you!!??!! It was NOT a good journey. I actually found that tape a while back, and showed it to Cal who decided to listen to it again- 'I can't remember that Mum.....'

(HOW???For the love of god, HOW?? I only wish fate would be as generous to me!!!!)

Heput it on, listened for a bit and swiftly ejected it-'You can have it Mum, its a bit pants, isn't it?'

Well! Thank you very much!! I very nearly performed a ceremonial burning of the thing!! :D

We did have a chuckle when I reminded him of the trip though!

Esther x

Edited by pookie170

My hubby is very into his music, mainly metal and heavy rock :rolleyes: DD is still not interested in music only her own signing voice and her made up songs, but she is only 6 and still has time

Heheh, Cal wants to come with us to a Biker festival where other half is playing!! Will see what I can do but hes a bit dubious of the crowds and noise levels, wee soul. Lij wants to come too, but I don't think hes big enough-literally, hes weeny and I'd be terrified of losing him!! We shall see!

I'm just sooooo grateful Cal's tastes have changed....I remember driving down to Blackpool when he was small, accompanied by a tape he was addicted to...

Do any of you recall that atrocity of a dance choon, that went, (and I quote!Its etched forever on my memory, alas!!) 'I'm blue, da-ba-dee-da-ba-di,da-ba-dee-da-ba-di' on and on, ad nauseum?? It was that one....over and over...and over...until I truly thought I was going to go maaaaaaaaaad!! There was even a horrendous rappy bit on the extended version.....3 different versions of the same tripe on one tape, I ask you!!??!! It was NOT a good journey. I actually found that tape a while back, and showed it to Cal who decided to listen to it again- 'I can't remember that Mum.....'

(HOW???For the love of god, HOW?? I only wish fate would be as generous to me!!!!)

Heput it on, listened for a bit and swiftly ejected it-'You can have it Mum, its a bit pants, isn't it?'

Well! Thank you very much!! I very nearly performed a ceremonial burning of the thing!! :D

We did have a chuckle when I reminded him of the trip though!

Esther x

Hi Pookie

Which bike do is it? We used to spend most weekends at them till we had our lad and would love to take him now but he also doesn't like lots of people and noise, apart from he's own :rolleyes:. Thankfully can't remember song you are on about but we used to have to listen to Barney the dinosaur all the time, of course he denies all knowledge of it now:lol:

biker69