hev

ordered katies present

me and mum had such a lovely time in the toy shop today :clap: i ordered k a 3 tier dolls house with a balcony,how good is that,im so happy :dance: got some furniture for it,thats well dear but im going to start looking round boot fairs to furnish each room,i got a little bathroom set today,im very excited oh and i got a little frontroom set :clap:

i cant wait to see her little face on friday,cant believe she gonna be 5,im going to try not to buy anything else but i love shopping :lol:

Hi Hev

Hope she has a fantastic birthday! I know when I was little one of my fav toys was my dolls house - mine was my sister's old one and was battered with lots of mis-matched furniture but I loved playing with it (my sister is 17 years older than me so when I was little I had no siblings at home to play with plus we lived in the middle of nowhere so I spent a lot of time with my toys).

My girls have a lovely 3-storey one and C played with it loads when it was new (about 3 years ago) but she is now 7 and prefers her DS :( . Mind you, their little brother who is 3 was having a lovely time with it yesterday!

Have you bought the chunky wood furniture or the more relalistic stuff? I love the miniature stuff youc an get - plates of food, dominoes, board games etc - there is a small dolls house shop in the town where my m-in-law and her day live and I love to look around it as the attention to detail in their houses is fab!

I gave one to my DD one Xmas. I have the sweetest photo of her looking at it but I don't think she ever got the hang of what to do with it. It's still in the cellar,outgrown, but I haven't the heart to get rid of it yet...I think it's me that would like 'permission' to play with it!!

There's a big dolls house shop in town. It's amazing, the tiny little things you can get for them. Some people wire them up and install lights and everything!

ive got the wood furniture for the frontroom and im even putting a little nursery in one of the bedrooms with a rocking horse and cots :wub:

i spoke to the man about getting working lights and hes going to get me a catalogue,im very excited :D

i dont think i had a dolls house when i was little :tearful: im going to google dolls houses in a bit and have a look round,oh yes and my dolls has an attic room :clap::clap::clap:

don't think I had one either. Here's hoping for a girl this time so I can buy a dolls house (cough cough) for her!! :lol:

Edited by kellyanne

yes hun...Have you not seen the countdown calander I have on FB

And thats what all the emotional bits are about on the greenwich thread and what Bid has put on it about the type of clothes I'll be wearing :)

Edited by kellyanne

Whats fb??? Hev I got my daughter a dolls house for christmas when she was 5, shes 9 now and stil loves it, this year she got lights for it :thumbs: sometimes when shes at school I "tidy" it!!! I never had one as a child, I`m one of 5 girls so would have been nightmare I suppose, its great having a daughter isnt it >:D<<'> Enid

Hi Hev -

Don't know about Gravesend, but there used to be a good dolls house shop in Maidstone, near the cinema :)

Hope she likes it :)

:D

This brings back memories. My parents owned a gift store for years and it was full of hand made treasures, so my daughters room and sons looked like a fantasy world I was addicted to all the handmade kids treasure like these. I dont know who enjoyed playing with them more my kids or me. :D Especially the hand painted flowers on furniture. Potpourri. I miss it, when I was working flat out, I used to be able to say x amount of gifts for this that and the other at Christmas and everything would be wrapped and labelled. Saved me my sanity as I was putting in 12 hour days. This was what they were famous for. Handmades. They have retired but the store is still thriving under the same name and format. Just made me feel homesick Hev. :):(

:)

So they weren't just being rude about your weight gain then?

Neither of mine ever had a doll's house.

They had a castle, designed and built by OH to precise specifications. It started with me buying some little people for G, king, queen, jester, princess, witch, you know the sort of thing, They were beautifully made and about 10cm tall. So OH made a bespoke castle with all the trimmings. Including a Minstrels' Gallery.

It's lovely, and I even made tapestries and a garden to go with it.

I had a girlfriend once who told me she loved making things - really enjoyed arts and crafts etc etc...

For our first Christmas together I went MILES out of my way to find a dolls-house shop (didn't know about the one in Maidstone then!) and bought her a kit for a victorian town house... cost me wayyyy more than most '1st christmas' presents, but I was really excited to have got her such the 'perfect' gift I didn't mind. I even bought the electrical circuits etc for wiring lighting and all that - How thoughtful am I?

Christmas morning she opened her parcel, looked at the box and said:

"A Dolls House? A ******* dolls house??? How old do you think i am - TEN???"

:D

So they weren't just being rude about your weight gain then?

No they weren't being rude about my weight gain.....well atleast I hope not :unsure::lol:

I've never been rude about your weight :unsure:

Anyway, I know it's not your body, it's your liiife!! :lol::clap:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Oooh, its not fair, I'm surrounded by boys!!! In my house,at any rate, dont think I could ever claim to have blokes flocking around me..... :tearful:

I LOVE doll houses, that was the only official 'girl' toy that I played with as a smallster- I confess to continuing to play with it, in secret, into my teens!! :wub: It was supposedly a decoration by that point but I don't think my mum was fooled-she saw how distraught I was when my nursery school fish painting disintegrated when we redecorated my room!! Think I might even get one for myself at some point, and it would have ALL the gubbins- lights, tiny foodstuffs and toys.....ooh, I want one NOW!!

Esther

:lol: Your post made me laugh bd! She not nice though, she should have at least pretended to like it!

When's your baby due Kellyanne? Very exciting!

Elun x

I've never been rude about your weight :unsure:

I know you haven't Hun >:D<<'> I was messing :)

Anyway, I know it's not your body, it's your liiife!! :lol::clap:

Oh Bid you are naughty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by kellyanne