Sign in to follow this  
oxgirl

Whopping great meltdowns!

Jay has had the most horrible meltdown today. :tearful: Had one on Monday as well, like nothing I've seen in him before. Don't know if it's hormones or what, but he just doesn't seem to be able to control himself at the mo. He's fine at school though. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Oh poor you, remember the advice you gave me, ignore as much as you can!! It seems once they have one they have a few in a row, thats how it seems to be for me, its awful isnt it, especially when they are so big! any idea at all what set it off? lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> . Enid

Edited by Enid

I wonder if it is in the air lol-ive had a horrendous day with my lad today aswell. You have my sympathies. >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> oh mel, it must be a shock to you, as he doesnt normally react like this, the school may think he has been ok at school but has your son actually said its been ok or is something going on, it could well be hormones, has anything gone out of sinks lately, diet, sleep, stress, at school has the routines gone off with term due to end shortly, I think there will be something lying on the bottom, could he draw, or talk to you, has he got anything to take his frustrations out on, a punchbag, cushions, I hope that tonight is calmer, hugs and tlc.

JsMum

>:D<<'>

Edited by JsMum

Huge >:D<<'>

DS has massive meltdowns, If he's being totally unreasonable (like today because its fathers day - "why is it never childrens day"!) I ask him to go to his room or take him untill he;s calmed down. Or if its because he doesn't want to go out with us or wer'e not having pie for tea etc we just have to ride it out and make him get ready while he's screaming at us or just tell him thats just the way it is and carry on as if its not happening. It must be harder when they are older though so I don't really think I'll be much help really.

Thanks for the support, guys. >:D<<'>

It's just normal everyday frustrations that he just doesn't seem to be able to deal with at the mo. We're used to him being highly strung and getting upset and frustrated easily, but what we saw this week was in a different league. He says he just doesn't feel he can control himself. Maybe it's just growing up and being teenagery, dunno really, can't think of anything else that's changed, apart from hayfever meds and he's been on them for a couple of weeks. I'll see how he goes this week. :(

~ Mel ~