hev

drinking water

ive heard the amount that we are advised to aim for is 3 litres a day :o ive been managing it for 3 days and not getting so many headaches so im going to keep doing it,it is boring but its keeping me full up as well so i stick to my points limit on ww

ive been managing it for 3 days and not getting so many headaches

That will because you are washing out all that other c**p in your body and replacing it with natures intend drink...water!

I have been drinking only private water for some time, no mains water here. I find that mains water tastes :sick:

And yes water does have a taste, a taste of the minerals it's filtered through.

i wonder where i can find out bid,im struggling drinking 3 so 2 would be better!!im sort of enjoying it now though!!

Hun, I have an idea it's actually meant to be 2 litres a day? :o

I thought it was 2 litres too - that's what I've always aimed for. But then when I was at the hospital this week I was reading one of their 'be healthy' leaflets and it said aim for 7 - 8 portions of fruit / veg a day so maybe things change - I struggle to do 5 and normally only manage 3 - 4.

The water in our kitchen tastes horrible, so I have to add squash to it, then I can drink it fine. But I have a question - why is the main ingredient of sugar-free squash (the cheap stuff in plastic bottles - I'm a poor student!) water? Why not put it in smaller bottles, more concentrated, and save waste and me having to carry heavy bottles up the hill? :unsure:

Sorry that's a bit off topic Hev. :oops::offtopic::D

I thought it was 5 litres...

Maybe that's why I have to keep getting up in the night. And there I was thinking it was old age creeping up on me! :whistle:

hev - you could try adding sugar to the water to improve the flavour... be careful though: My ex went on a sugar water diet and every time she broke wind she filled her knickers with candy floss!

:D

I thought it was 5 litres...

Maybe that's why I have to keep getting up in the night. And there I was thinking it was old age creeping up on me! :whistle:

hev - you could try adding sugar to the water to improve the flavour... be careful though: My ex went on a sugar water diet and every time she broke wind she filled her knickers with candy floss!

:D

bighead i really worry about you sometimes :lol: i think you are stranger than me and that takes some doing :blink:

mumble the fruit thingy,i really struggle with 5 portions of fruit and veg a day so couldnt manage 7

If you drink too much water it is dangerous and can be fatal, so be careful to get the amounts right.

I make sure I have a bottle of water with me at work, in the car and by my bed.

yeah see you little know alls!!i got my facts from ww so i was right and you was wrong :P thanks zaman,you my buddy for life now :D

It's eight glasses................that'll confuse you all. :devil:

Dunno what WW suggest, i don't remember reading that in one of the little booklets, or being told at a meeting.. :unsure:.

:)

I think the standard is two litres.

I know there have been several cases of people drinking water to excess in warm weather and they've ended up in hospital (some even dying) because the water flushes out essential minerals and electrolytes and without them you die.

Personally I think it's hard enough to drink two litres (I can barely manage one) without aiming for more than that. And it's best to sip steadily through the day rather than gulping it down in large quantities, which can put strain on your bladder and cause problems down that end.

Karen

x

You would have to drink waaaaaaay more than the recommended 2-3 litres to cause yourself any harm.

Remember that there is moisture in most food as well.

Edited by Tally

all this discussion about how much water one should drink is just another example of us being 'told' by the powers that be how to eat, drink and live our OWN lives!

I drink the amount my body requires, you just have to listen to it and it tells you 'I need water'

I know there have been several cases of people drinking water to excess in warm weather and they've ended up in hospital (some even dying) because the water flushes out essential minerals and electrolytes and without them you die.

Karen

x

Oh my yes... you don't wanna go widdling out all your electrolytes - that's not a good idea at all :shame:

............ :unsure: what's an electrolyte? Does it glitter if you pass one? How big are they? :ph34r:

I found out recently that if you wait until you feel thirsty before you drink, you are actually already dehydrated! :o

The 2 litres doesn't have to all come from water...it really means fluid, so milk on cereal counts, as does water in food, etc.

Boho :dance:

I found out recently that if you wait until you feel thirsty before you drink, you are actually already dehydrated!

I'll say again if you listent to your body it tells you way before you feel thirsty.

im enjoying drinking water,i hardly drank any before,i really cant believe my headaches have gone since i started drinking more

It IS 2 litres from all sources - but don't forget diuretic foods and drinks - tea, coffee, alcohol, chocolate, salty/sugary foods - can can mean you need to drink/intake more water.

As can strenous exercise/activity.

However as we get an immense amount of water from food - and from things like fruit juices/squash - and milk etc... you should be fine as long as all/the majority of the water you get doesn't come from tea/coffee/alcohol. As that will dehydrate you.

In fact that's what causes the headache in a hangover - dehydration of the aqueous solution which separates the brain and the skull means that the skull literally pushes and presses on the brain - causing pain.

So pretty much drink anything - but avoid too much tea/coffee/caffeine (Red Bull etc...)/alcohol.

:)