pearl

Medical problem, do not read if squeamish

So there I was, eating my chips, when one scratched the roof of my mouth. Within a minute, a HUUUUGE blood blister formed, about the size of a 10p piece, made me gag & blocked my airway. In a complete panic, I pressed down hard so it burst, now a lovely giant mouth ulcer is forming in its place. I am living on yogurt & honey at the mo.

I feel really depressed cos I had this problem about 15 years ago, & no doc could work out what was the matter, it carried on for a couple of years then gradually subsided, I'm worried I'm in for another 2 years of being afraid to eat.

At least I can Google it these days but I thought I'd see if you peeps had experienced anything similar.

I'm a medical mystery, me :rolleyes:

The only thing I've had is when I've burnt the inside of my mouth on hot food and got a sort of blister.

Sorry I can't help more :(

Now, if it was gynae probs... :sick:

Boho >:D<<'>

Were you feeling run down and stressed-out the last time?

Sometimes it has a knock-on effect with your immune system, rather like people being more prone to cold sores.

I'd go back to the doctor in all seriousness...15 years is a long time in medicine.

Pearl.... I did exactly the same thing about 4 years ago on a crab cake! It was piping hot and I took a mouth full, burned the roof of my mouth and ended up with a huge blood blister right at the back of my throat. It was utter agony for days :( I'm afraid to say. The location doesn't give it much chance to get better. Gargle with boiled (cooled!) water and salt to prevent infection.

>:D<<'>

Flo' XX

My son used to get similar thing and often wound up with antibiotics. Have you seen your GP? Before you say it my sons 2 GPs and a hospital could not work out why he was getting the large ulcers either but the antibiotics helped clear them quickly as they were also infected.

Edited by justamum

Thanks all. Well thanks to Google I've found out what it is:

Angina Bullosa Haemorragica

Now why couldnt anyone tell me that 15 years ago? (btw those pics - think about four times the size!!!!) At least its not serious.

Bard, you got it in one. Thinking back, the last time this happened, Dad was going through his final illness & I was running myself ragged driving Mum everywhere, plus we were going through all the investigations with JP at the same time. This time, well you all know whats been happening with Mum & its been piling on thick & fast since easter. When I was away on holiday, I had nightmares about her every single night.

So yes I guess its my body telling me to get off the merry go round, but I can't. I'm on leave again next week to decorate the bedroom so I'll go to the GP as its virtually impossible when I'm working.

OK I'm off to make porrige :lol:

Sounds a little similar to a problem my daughter has on and off.

Remember when whe was very ill and had bitten inside her mouth. She had ulcers etc.

The doctor gave her some ointment that dries hard that she had to put on just before bed. She said this worked the best. Then throughout the day pop Bongella on it, the same stuff you put on babies gums when they are teething..

I feel for you :( as I know how teary my daughter was with this and she had to drink through a straw as everything felt like it burnt it.

Banana smoothies and Sustagen are good. Hospital Sustagen is a complete meal replacement with all the essential vitamins.

Hope it heals up soon.

>:D<<'>

:) x

Oh Pearl, that sounds/looks awful >:D<<'>

Don't our bodies have a strange way of reacting to stress............I developed excema last year due to stress, my hair fell out and I only ever get a coldsore (same place) when I'm really run down.

Hope the GP can give you something to ease the pain >:D<<'>

Thanks all, its nice to have a few virtual >:D<<'> when you are feeling sorry for yourself.

mr p didnt even come & see how I was when I was retching blood into the sink - JP did, but nearly passed out! :lol:

Woke up this morning, it was like swallowing needles :crying:

I'm quite stoical as a rule & rarely take painkillers, but thank God for max strength ibuprofen, I'm now :hypno: & completely pain free till it wears off. So beware, I may be posting even more gibberish than I usually do.

Nurse took 3 lots of bludd (a whole armful :lol: ) & I get results next week.

At least all this to-ing & fro-ing has got me out of the decorating - mr p is landed with it, he's sloshing paint around randomly as I type, I just put in an appearance every now & then to criticise.

Edited by pearl