venus

furby mayhem

What a day! My youngest son decided to take my oldest son's baby furby and rub it's face on the decking. The furbys nose or beak or whatever you call it was damaged and now has a split and it can not talk properly. Owen is absolutely devastated and has been crying for two hours.I have managed to order one online .He has got take a teddy day at school on Friday and was going to take it so I am hoping that the new one will arrive by then.I feel so sorry for him, he has got a little basket with a little baby blanket that he keeps it in. He told me today he loves he baby furby so much but he cannot even bear to look at it now or be in the same room as it.Got to go as he has started crying again :tearful:

Well Owen cried until 9.30pm when he fell asleep, poor little boy he was heartbroken.He said he felt worse than when his hamster died.He is worrying about what to do with it when his new one arrives, he is thinking of putting in a little box and writing 'I Love You' on it. He woke up this morning crying again.He should be getting the new one tomorrow. I really didn't think he would be so upset, he said 'Furby is part of me'.Ryan is not happy as he has got to help pay for it with his pocket money but hopefully it will teach him to be more careful. Oh well wonder what else can happen today.

Oh dear....poor furby! Could it (he/she??)be repaired? Had a quick scout on the net and found this site, its a furby hospital kinda thing, as apparently the actual makers often just send out a new one instead of repairing it.

http://www.adoptafurby.com/catalog/furbyglossary/

Its based in staffordshire....having said that, I've never used it, but thought it might be helpful?

Hope Owen cheers up soon!! >:D<<'>

Esther x

Oh no poor little guy, I hope you can get Furby mended

I feel terrible now though, not long ago I had to tell DS that Furby wasn't real because when the batteries ran out he thought is was dead, I didn't have any batteries to put in and he was very very upset. I thought he knew it wasn't real! He hasn't used it since he realised it was battery opperated!!! :wacko:

Hope the furby situation gets sorted :)

My sister had one and our dad put it in the washing machine because he got so fed up of it. :angry:

Hi,

Hope you get it sorted soon.

I can remember my daughter having one when she was younger - we had to put it in the cupboard at the back of the house with a towel over it's face because she couldn't stand it going off on it's own, it caused so many tears - In the end the batteries had to come out - I used to feel so awful leaving it there on it's own (even though it was a toy!!!!).

Take care

Jb

Just a thought for the future..........your little fella sounds very attached to his furby, it might help to perhaps get a "few" of them, maybe have a family, this way it might disperse his love for them over a group , then if one did have an accident all the emotion would,nt be concentrated on the "only" one as it were.Does that make sense??............hope he,s o.k. and his furby comes soon, best wishes suzex.

Aw, your story really brought a tear to my eye, poor little love. :tearful: How would he feel about a bandage on the poor injured soldier, would he accept it? If you have a toy doctors kit, maybe another toy could act the part of the 'doctor' and prescribe a nice cosy bandage or plaster over the 'sore' area and he could be tucked up in bed maybe or you could make a 'hospital' out of shoeboxes or something along those lines? Or would this make matters worse, d'ya think? I remember when my lad was little he had enormous trouble accepting toys that were imperfect. If they were damaged at all or paint was chipped they'd be rejected and it took a lot of time before he was able to see that he could still love the damaged toy and that everything doesn't have to be perfect, including himself. Hope he's feeling a bit better today. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Thanks everyone, The new baby furby came today, he has got blue eyes instead of browns ones but he is okay with that as his big mummy furby has blues eyes .It is really calm in our house tonight as he has his new furby to focas on,lets hope it continues.His new furby came with an adoption certificate with Owen's name on it ,he is really pleased.just wished it had come with a blue baby bottle instead of a pink one,he wants to take it to school on Friday as it is take a teddy bear to school day - hope he won't get teased.