Sign in to follow this  
dooday24

hi just need a moan thanx for listening!!!

hi all as many of u well know i still have no formal diagnosis camhs have done some assessments in school and now say reece can hav a diagnosis of learning disabilities!!!!

but they r not severe enough to be seen by the oxfordshire learning disabilities team!!!!!

so cant use them for help!!!!

and she dosnt think he has a asd as he is fine in school!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

i have seen and heared of so many children who cope in school only to explode wen they come out at the end of the day and that is reece down to a tee...

she thinks we can change his behaviours!!!!!

i am sooooooo angry as they r still not listening to me he just isnt coping at the mo

i had to got the docs on monday and had too take the children with me reece really hates the docs and went into complete meltdown i have bruises all down my legs and arms!!!!

but they do not understand wat it is like with reece and all his quirky ways im just put down as a bad parent

why wont they just listen to me all i want is wats best for reece......................

love donnaxxxx

we have this problem also with the little one,,,,,,,,,,, in school he is fine then he is like a whirlwind when he gets home,,,,,,i have been told that im lookin for asd cos i work in autism??????????????????????????????????? muppets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah,,,,,,,,,didnt believe that he had sensory issues till i gave them a copy of his sensory profile,,,,duhhhhhhhh,,they said they dont see it,,,,he has audio processing diffs and she was wondering why he wasnt following instructions?????????????? makes me mad,,,i had his report last week clearly stating that he does not concentrate and needs to pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have explained this already to them and wen i had a meeting with her this week she said he is the class chatterbox !!!!!!!! but when the forms were sent to school for adhd assessments they said no way, we will be ticking no to all of the questions arggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,, we had the behavioural team out every week for 6 months but no there is nothing wrong????? do all children have that then??? dont think so innit,,,,,,,,,,,,jo

yeah why dont they listen too us we r the ones that live with these children 24/7

then they see them a couple of times and think they know them makes me mad

well we will fight on as nobody else will fight for our kids

love donnaxxx

What ever you do don?t give up.

Most parents have experienced a fight to get there child diagnosed and CAMHS blamed me for the way my son was behaving. I needed to make a complaint against the NHS regarding there conduct towards me.

When my son was diagnosed, it was not signed nor was it on NHS headed paper.

When I took his diagnoses into the school I was accused by the SENCO of typing the diagnoses out myself. It was hard to keep fighting however I did insist my son was assessed by a child Psychologist as they are the only ones who can diagnose. Unfortunately be prepared to continue to fight as he will need a statement and the LEA will fight you all the way.

I found getting help for my son was very hard as I have Aspergers as well and trying to explain my son?s behaviour I found very difficult however it was easy to relate to his problems.

I have to go back to the tribunal to get my son?s statement amended because it was so rubbish, all they offered was small group work for my son which was ridiculous.

Keep your chin up, keep going and you will get there in the end. :)

This was a reason it took so long to get them to admit my lad had problems cos in school ok he is distracted easily n fusses about etc but overall is pretty calm but the second he comes out of the gates it is like an exploding bomb n all hell breaks loose.

Keep fighting hun-it has taken from age 3 to now age almost 9 to begin to get them to listen to me n accept he has problems!!!

thanku everyone it is so nice knowing i am not alone but sooooo bloomin hard my mother even spoke to the hv today as she was really worried about me as im not coping at all at the mo. and she was gonna ring me but as usual didnt bother Grrrr

and kids have only been too school twice this week and i hav only been too work once..... just cant face anything at the mo the doc has upped my antidepressants from 20mg to 40mg ......

reece is soooo stressy at the mo cant do anything with him.....

thanx everyone for being there for me and listening....

love donnaxxxxx

still having a real hard time with reece didnt goto sleep til gone 4am this morning so stressed about school just cant even speak 2 him at the mo just get shouted at.............

i just really dont know wat to do

donnaxxx

still having a real hard time with reece didnt goto sleep til gone 4am this morning so stressed about school just cant even speak 2 him at the mo just get shouted at.............

i just really dont know wat to do

donnaxxx

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

I get shouted at for just saying the simplest things, like it's Saturday today. There seems to be no getting through to my son (DS2) at the mo either. All he wants to do is daydream about Power Rangers or watch them on DVD. Doesn't want anyone about, even in the same room. This is quite unusual for him - I feel like he's withdrawing and shutting us all out.

Donna, we don't have the sleep probs it sounds like you have, but lack of sleep is bound to make things hugely worse. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture! Try to get some rest and sleep when you can... easy to say I know, but I can now manage to get 40 winks despite all the explosions going on the background courtesy of Power Rangers!

You're not alone. The new dose of antidepressants make take a little while to kick in, too.

>:D<<'> >:D<

Lizzie xx

thanx everyone he finally fell asleep at 5pm this afternoon and has been asleep ever since so could be awake soon :(:(

i did get a couple of hrs sleep at 5 but then woke as shannon not very well (has severe constipation probs!!)and has been throwing up 2day as she cant goto the loo :(

so have just dosed her up with all her constipation medication and hope she goes or it will b another trip 2 a+e......

never rains but it pours!!!

just hope reece dosnt wake up just as i get shannon to sleepAhhhhhhhh

and also getting stress from scool about the time they hav had off so gonna hav to face the music again when they go back to school!!!

really dont need it at the mo!!! just not coping at all and just still going round and round in circles cant stand it silll awaiting camhs report so i can go back to the peadeatrician as he said if i didnt get anywhere with camhs he could do the assessment for reece to see if he has an asd!!!!

i will b so glad of the summer hols this yr we just need time to chill as a family.....

love donna xxxxx

thanx again everyone

reece has been awake since 3am constantly screaming for drinks and things to b done for him like puting the tv on ect i am soo tired.........

i could sleep standing up lol

hes now playing on the ps3!!!!!!

love donnaxxxx

Awwwww Donna,

You must be soooo exhausted.

So glad we had chance to chat today, hope you feeling a little better tonight and getting some much deserved rest.

Stay strong ~ >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

reece has finally calmed down we have not got to school all week so hoping he will get back 2moz been an absolute nitemare am totally and utally exhausted.....

spoke to the hv today who was supposed to be coming out to see us but decided not too!!!!

just kept putting everything down to me and how i was feeling and because i am soo exhausted Grrrrrrrrr.. kept asking me how i was feeling and i was handling things Grrrrrrrrr they havnt got a clue im so glad ive got all u guys for support and advice... thanku everyone.......

these so called proffessionals dont have a clue wat we go through every day.......

so thanks again

love donnaxxxxxxx

Glad he calmed down for you hun-know what you mean bout the 'professional'-they have no idea at all do they#1111

well he finally got back to school 2day.........

but fell asleep as soon as he came out at 3pm(wen my mum picked him up) and woke about an hr ago so in for another long nite :o

and ive just finished a 15hr shift at work so am totally knackered :(

think i need some matchsticks lol or mayb i should just tape my eyes open :lol:

love donnaxxxxxxxxxx