Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Carers allowance

M is autistic and get the medium personal care rate. Hubby is a driving instructor and works about 20 hours a week so that he is there for M when he gets out of school etc. Hubby earns less than �95 a week.

I am currently working full time but I am just wondering if we are entitled to it?

Forbsay

hi forbsay

I think if you earn less than �95 a week then you should be entiltled to it. I get it even though dh works full time. Hope that helps.

Brooke

Worth a try, I work part time and get it, put your claim in as its back dated my son gets medium car an low mobility. ENID

i get it too even though hubby is working!

forbsay,

as mentioned already, it looks like your hubby meets the criteria.

N x

I think you can only receive it if your child receives one higher componet with in DlA. If your husband is classed as the carer he meann't be able to claim it. They won't take your income into account

You may well qualify. However, as a warning! Carers allowance is a taxable benefit, so if your husband was to get it, it would affect the tax credits or other benefits. Best ring DWP or Jobcentre and ask them to tell you how much you stand to lose of other benefits first.

my mum gets it for my son as she cares 4 him as both of us work full time but shes on benefits and only ended up with 26 pounds extra aweek which i think is disgusting

love donnaxxxx