AndrewJ

Hiya All Another Newbie

Hi all,

Found this place after a search on Google, I'm Andrew 24 from the Manchester area. I was diagnosed in 1992 with AS. And have spent most of my years learning social skills from my friends. I think I am quite unusual in that I live with no routine as such to the AS type, and I enjoy going out to bars and relaxing with friends. I am currently planning on moving to Scotland and plan to take up the violin in Irish style in a local music school to Dumfries.

Anyways nice to meet you all and I hope to be able to help out with the technical sections :D

Edited by Kathryn
To remove name of professional

Hi Andrew from another very recent newbie (a few hours before you)

Welcome! I'm married to an AS man so it's interesting to hear about your experience of being AS. I'm glad that you enjoy being a sociable bunny! :robbie:

Billabong

Hi Andrew

Nice to have you aboard.

I have AS and a son with AS

I don?t socialize very much because I always get into trouble some how. LOL

My husband finds it difficult sometimes because he does not want to go out alone and feels like a single person. I find this strange as most men would relish going out with out there wives.

If you have any social tips I would be glad to hear them.

:thumbs:

Hi andrew! My hubby too has AS traits and he too loves meeting people although he has said that he would rather be in a large group rather then just go out with one person!

Anyway! welcome to the forum xx

Hi Andrew

Nice to have you aboard.

I have AS and a son with AS

I don?t socialize very much because I always get into trouble some how. LOL

My husband finds it difficult sometimes because he does not want to go out alone and feels like a single person. I find this strange as most men would relish going out with out there wives.

If you have any social tips I would be glad to hear them.

:thumbs:

I learned a few things which helped me.

1) I tend to stick to bars which draw the nicer crowd, not those in my local area which draws planks.

2) I watched people for a long while, god people must've thought I was a mute but i watched how people interacted and have slowly built up how to handle most social situations, if not I think I am getting good at coping.