Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

Two hours!!!!

Last night was awful, it's never good but he exceeded himself!! It was a late night last night they all got ot bed at 10.30pm as the girls had a school disco.. I did his usual routine, he didn't want a number two but sat on the loo for 30 minutes. Then he called non stop for anything and everything..

I finally got to bed at midnight, then the sniffing starts *snifffff sniff sniff* and clearing of the throat on volume number 11. I gave him his nasal spray and vicks and blew his nose and gave him a drink as he has hayfever. Then he decides to get up and *play* and stamps about which echo's throughout the house.

I put him back to bed about 10 times, by now it's 4am. I had a cup of tea and went up again, then tried to sleep and ignore the sniffing. The Alarm goes off, I can't see as I have a migraine and a banging headache.. T is asleep and then gets up after 2 HOURS OF SLEEP feeling fine and then poos in his pull up which falls out in the dining room..

I'm sooooooooo worn out as he didn't settle last night or the night before.

On another note who's children get hay fever and how can you stop it at night? I do the usual no window open, washing of hair etc but he's terrible!

God what a nightmare, I too had a bad evening but all quiet by 11!!!!! nothing like yours though, can only hope tonight will be better for you, do your girls sleep through it? Enid

seems to b something in the water at the mo as reece has been exactly the same i am exhausted

sending u loads of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

love donnaxxxxxxx

seems to b something in the water at the mo as reece has been exactly the same i am exhausted

sending u loads of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

love donnaxxxxxxx

Thanks Donna, maybe we should lock them in a soundproof bedroom together and have a well earned sleep :lol:

L usually settles okayish once he has had his melatonin but he is finding it hard to get to sleep this week!

L finally went quiet at 11:30 last night! Im sorry that you r going through it worse than me!

sending loads of *hugs* 2 U

Hi,

Life is difficult enough but when you dont get enough sleep every thing is ten times worse.

I cant really complain about my sons sleeping pattern as he isnt to bad..just finds it hard to get to sleep..last couple nights he has got up in the night for silly things but soon goes back to bed..so i really feel for you not getting enough sleep.

Tracey x

hi cariad sounds like a good idea to me :lol:

well i sooooo hope we both get some well earned sleep tonight i feel like a zombie!!!!

i just cant seem to function (which i have problems with normally lol)but seems so much worse wen walking round in a daze!!!!

love donna xxxx

goodluck for tonight xxxxx

Yes he does take medication for hayfever but in the day, so he can't take it at night. He has the nasal spray at night though.

I'm crossing my fingers for a peaceful night, I can't believe I'm still going!

O gawd hun-been there with ds he seems to be able to keep going n going with next to no sleep aswel. >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> What a nightmare! I hope he has a better night tonight so you can have a good rest. I really don't know how they can manage on so little sleep.

Could you give him piriton at night for the hayfever? I hear it makes them drowsy too ;)

hi i hope u have finally got some rest......

reece has finally calmed down since sunday not sleeping not eating and very very hyper and hasnt been to school all week been a total nitemare

now hes like a totally different child snuggled up to me on the sofa...

it does get better

love donnaxxxxxx

Can I join the child wild awake club!!! He is wild today-bouncing off walls n so wide awake-he is in bed after a fashion but up down up down over pointless things n I can hear him bouncing round in bed as I type!!!

I don't know how much help this is but i read somewhere that if you regularly eat honey made (collected??) locally it reduces the symptoms of hayfever. something to do with getting the body used to the pollen from the local flowers i think :unsure: . I know that's no use for this year but might be worth looking into so your not in the same position next year.

I don't know how much help this is but i read somewhere that if you regularly eat honey made (collected??) locally it reduces the symptoms of hayfever. something to do with getting the body used to the pollen from the local flowers i think :unsure: . I know that's no use for this year but might be worth looking into so your not in the same position next year.

Thats really interesting kinky, I'm sure I've read that somewhere too.

Bikemad, T is still awake and calling me at almost midnight. I'd love some sleep in the next few days as it's the 6 weeks slog soon! Especially with his two sisters (8 and 10) :whistle:

Edited by Cariad

It is hard work-I dont know how you manage ive only got J n im always exhausted!!!! 12.15pm he finally dropped last night-im ready for bed now!!!! >:D<<'>