Sign in to follow this  
hev

ive cancelled the camping holiday

took both kids on day trip to hastings last week,nothing ventured nothing gained and all that but my god i wish i hadent even ventured out of bed :wallbash: they argued all day,i cried it was awful,i had a 4 day camping trip booked this month just me and kids,nick work but i cannot put myself through it!!steve not bothered he dont want to go anyway,gonna do my seperate days out again,why cant things just be nice for a change?i would love to have holiday with both of them

Hev >:D<<'> Its probably the age differance, I am having the same prob, DS 12, DD 9 DS6, 19yr old does his own thing, its hard to find something they all like, we usually do haven hols, really cheap with the vouchers from the paper, but dont want to risk it this year as need to keep doors locked at night the way my DS is at mo, and not so easy in a caravan. Keep strong. Enid

hev i totally understand how u feel,,we went campin last wkend and it was a nitemare with the little one,, he was hard enough to manage on his own!!! the running off,,going into peoples tents ect,,,list is endless,,, felt like we needed a holiday after it!! we only went fri to sun ,,,anyway hubby's good ideas??? not ,,we went again on fri overnight,,but this time i took a portable dvd player which works off the cig lighter in the car,,omg what a godsend!!! he stayed in the car most of the time fri evening,,, he dun a runner sat though so no change,,,,,u know what was really wierd though,,the kids that were there last wkend that he attached himself to were still there and he didnt even recognise them??? we walked passed them 3 times,,,,strange that.. we will go campin again as we love the outdoors but it is really hard to do with him,,,my eldest son is 17 so not really bothered bout coming any more,,as before he would be really good company for b and would be a good help for us ,,,so will plod on and keep trying,,,,,i feel for u loads and i would never take him on my own cos i couldnt cope,,,,,the 2 of us have to take him shopping,,,1 to do the shopping and 1 to chase after him constantly??? it is so hard ,,,,sending u >:D<<'> jo

hev, what a shame..... >:D<<'>

Sometimes I think we are forced to make these difficult decisions. Hev, if it makes you feel any better, after last year's fiasco I made the decision not to do whole family holidays anymore. Bill hates holidays, and he makes sure nobody else enjoys them either. Last year I'd booked a holiday to Menorca; at the last minute Bill made such a miserable fuss about going I decided to let him have his way and left him with his dad, just to make sure the rest of us enjoyed it. Then half way through the holiday I got a call in the middle of the night to say that Bill had 'gone off on one' and was threatening to kill himself. Spent hours on the phone trying to calm him down and trying to get the adults around them to calm down too! In the end we got an emergency flight home, cutting our holiday short by a whole week. It was an expensive farce it really was. This year I'm taking my other two to the IOW while Bill stays with their dad, then the other two will stay with their dad and I'll do something with Bill by himself.

Flo' >:D<<'>

Hello all, well i'm officially worried. I haven't been away for years (apart from family vists) due to my lovely ASD 14 yr old son's protests not to go anywhere. But, this year I decided to book a holiday and we go on Monday. He keeps telling me he doesn't want to go. We are supose to be taking his friend who works wonders for him, but he has told his friend he isn't coming and doesn't like him anymore :(

I'm driving the 3 hr journey-longest drive for the first time (I have a Tom Tom) It is an activity and beach kind of holiday. He loves bikes and wheeled things so quad biking and go karting are on the menu, Beech for my daughter.

But.... I'm soooooooooo worried, his anxiety of me not knowing the exact way is going to make me more worried-i'm really relying on this Tom Tom.

Am I just mad...time will tell.

off on the 11th back on the 14th so only 4 days-wish us luck XXX

Just a thought purplehaze, but my boy loves maps and has become a very good navigator.

I don't know where you are going, but a book of maps and a fluorescent pencil could help both of you track where you are going.

I've done separate holidays with my two for years, they both have very different tastes and that way I get two holidays.

OH hates going anywhere overnight, so he's happy that I'm not making him do stuff. :thumbs:

This year I've been to York with B and Bristol with G. Next year it will be Paris with B, and we'll do all the museums, art galleries and churches that I couldn't do with G.

G wanted bateau mouche and open-topped bus rides with no stops. She was happiest when she found a computer gaming place on the Champs Elysee. Yes, she's the supposedly NT one, but ah hae ma doots!

Hev,

I can empathise with you, we have stopped taking our children out as it is a nightmare dd 14 aspergers dd 15 standard stroppy teenager....no thats not fair she suffers lots as her sister is such a pain, they argue and B***H alot.

We used to go camping all the time which was great and they loved it, but haven't managed it this year, I struggled to afford a holiday abroad, all booked before we new how bad dd would be.....she has never flown and so we had 6 weeks of having to tell her at least twice daily what was going to happen how we were getting to airport and every step until we got to Egypt, even took them to a hotel myself and hubby new so we new people and the lay out!!!! Well what a nightmare, she was fine for two or three days then shut herself in her room until about 6pm most days!!! NEVER again!!

We often go to hastings for an evening in the summer too, but will have to build up the courage to take her out, thats if she will leave the house!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: < think this sums it up at the mo

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you