Sign in to follow this  
biff

:(

I feel like my brain is going to explode.

I don't quite know how to describe it but does anyone elses child do very silly repetitive things and then laugh hysterically at them?

The thing he is doing might not seem too bad to some people but it is really annoying me to the point of crying. :( I feel bad saying it but it is really annoying.

He will run into another room, bang on the wall once and then run back in laughing hysterically and he can't stop it. He is being so annoying and in your face, he is even annoying his little sister and shes only 18 months old.

The constant noise is just too much to bear sometimes.

I know laughter is a beautiful thing but to listen to hours of hysterical laughter at something so repetitive is almost too much to bear. :(

I have tried loads of activities with him but at the moment he only seems to get enjoyment out of behaving really oddly. I know that sounds terrible but it is the only way I can describe it, he seems really manic sometimes and it is hard to deal with. :tearful:

Hi Biff

DS is pretty full-on most days. He makes constant noises and will suddenly start laughing really loudly for no apparent reason. Most of the time I'm able to ignore it, but sometimes it just gets too much, especially during the hols :wallbash:

I can't really offer much advice, except to get yourself away from it if you can, even if only for a few minutes (I've been known to lock myself in the bathroom :wacko: )

Sending you lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

NickyB

I feel like my brain is going to explode.

I don't quite know how to describe it but does anyone elses child do very silly repetitive things and then laugh hysterically at them?

The thing he is doing might not seem too bad to some people but it is really annoying me to the point of crying. :( I feel bad saying it but it is really annoying.

He will run into another room, bang on the wall once and then run back in laughing hysterically and he can't stop it. He is being so annoying and in your face, he is even annoying his little sister and shes only 18 months old.

The constant noise is just too much to bear sometimes.

I know laughter is a beautiful thing but to listen to hours of hysterical laughter at something so repetitive is almost too much to bear. :(

I have tried loads of activities with him but at the moment he only seems to get enjoyment out of behaving really oddly. I know that sounds terrible but it is the only way I can describe it, he seems really manic sometimes and it is hard to deal with. :tearful:

Oh God yes....my little Angel's favourite thing at the moment is turning the TV off , she asks for a DVD and as soon as it's on runs to the TV and turns it off (or the volume buttons) she wont stop even though it means she's not allowed to watch the DVD. She also thinks it's hilarious to bang my keyboard.

It's like she's stuck in a rut, even though she's cutting her nose off to spite her face she is sooooo impulsive that she keeps doing these things and is on the floor laughing. (oh and in shops/cafes etc she has now decided to screech and make that loud fake laugh that sounds like a machine gun! :blink: )

Arghhhhh, and distraction doesn't work!

I'm pinning my hopes on it being a phase (though this type of behaviour has been a very long phase :unsure: )

Good luck your end....do you get any respite?

A x

Edited by aro

Hi Biff >:D<<'>

Don't feel guilty for feeling the way you feel - It's no different to something like chinese water torture or a dripping tap in the night: It wears you down, fries nerve endings to a frazzle and becomes ever harder to ignore the longer it goes on... :(

Don't have any real advice, other than that which Nicky B has offered - take ANY sort of respite from it you can manage to create...

Sitting in the bathroom or on the stairs can create enough 'space' to make a difference, and enforcing 'Time Out' in his room with stairgates etc (if he's of an age when that will work) can help preserve your sanity... If you can, get all of you out of doors, even if it's only for a quick walk (or 'drag', if that's the way it goes) around the block...

None of the 'solutions' are easy - in fact thay're as hard or even harder sometimes than the behaviours you're trying to circumvent - but they do give respite just by changing the paramaters for a while, and over time, when they start to have an impact as 'sanctions' in their own right they can effect real change.

Very best

:D:(

hi,

he sounds just like my boy - hes 8 yrs and just been dx Aspergers

he does this kind of thing all the time - just now he's sitting next to me

trying to whistle /hitting 2 sticks together(out of bow& arrow set) / mubbling all kinds of rubbish/ and watching tv at the same time ... after me tell/asking/pleading with him to stop - nothing works !!

I know EXACTLY how you feel, its so hard, but we just have to put up with it i guess,as nothing has worked for us either.

all i can say is stay calm, try to get some 'ME' time, even if hubby/mother/friend can look after him for half an hour for you to go get a relaxing bath / listen to music / read.

mel xx

I soooo know what you mean. I have two noisey noise makers :fight: It's worse when the two of them are together in the same room. My son blows raspberries onto his hands a great part of the day, he screeches loads, whoops, claps whistles etc. LOL at the machine gun laughing, my son recently started doing it. My daughter is just loud full stop. When they are in a room together, they mimick each others noises like a different language. They have a habbit of telling each other what to say or shout rather. It goes like this "say whooooooooooooooh" then the other one goes "whooooooooooooh" Say Ahhhhhhhhhhh and the other one goes ahhhhhhhhhh. The weird American accent we get as well. In addition they have both learnt the lyrics to the children's program "prank patrol" So they repeat repeat repeat the theme tune in as many different ways they can think of. Odd voices, shouting as loud as they can, singing it quickest, duets, whistling it, you name it, they do it.

I do sympathise with you. It is important that they need to make the noise, although sometimes I wish I could turn the volume down because I don't like a lot of noise myself. I say they can make the noise no problem, but they must do it in their bedroom or playroom with the door shut. I don't mind some of it, but it is more or less constant. It is very draining. >:D<<'>