Annea

Just back from SENTW

Hi everyone,

Just a quickie but to let you all know we just got back form the appeal.

It was quite surreal the last few days as on Frday the LEA requested an adjournment so we had a whole weekend of uncertainty until we found out yesterday the appeal was infact going ahead the adjournment having been refused.

I then heard yesterday that the LEA intended to bring in a addition witness today and ontop of all this CHANGE their whole submission and change their named school!!! YES it really was attempted.

Anyway, the panel asked the LEA why they wanted the new school and they LEA stated they no longer felt the named school could give our daughter what she needed, the panel however turned around and said in the cirumstances <won't go into it here for fear of breaching confidentiality> they would not grant the additional witness, OR allow a change of names school....

So if you have followed this so far, the LEA were left to fight for a school that they had just admitted couldnt supply necessary education!

The LEA were given time to decide ont heir options and we were sure they would conced, but instead, they came back and said they wanted to continue and fight for the namd school.

At the end of the hearing some 8 hrs later!!!! The LEA had declared the school not fit forpupose then spent that long arguing it's case!!!! Go figure! We still have to wait for upto 10 days for a decision but I am so keeping all my fingers crossed.

Our daughter had been out of school for 7 months now and the school we have a place for is one of the priory schools.

Anyway, need to sleep! Will let you all know the result, but keep your fingers crossed for us!

Thanks

Annex

Apologies for spelling as having read this back it is full of typos, but I am too tired to correct them all. x

Edited by Annea

8 hours????? Oh poor you! >:D<<'>

I hope the LEA ended up with egg on their faces. It must have been an exercise in creativity for them - what did they find to say for all that time?

Well done - and try to relax for a few days even though it's difficult.

Sleep well. :)

K x

8 hours????? Oh poor you! >:D<<'>

I hope the LEA ended up with egg on their faces. It must have been an exercise in creativity for them - what did they find to say for all that time?

Well done - and try to relax for a few days even though it's difficult.

Sleep well. :)

K x

Hi Kathryn

There were a lot of pregant pauses and a few red faces. At least 5 hrs was taken up with the rewriting of the statement as it had NO specicifity<?sp> It was a case of write some stuff, then get back together and discuss, it was very tedious.

I am going to try to rest as havent slept much for days, but I think it will take me a few days to get over it!

x

Annea oh wow, that sounds like an ordeal. My hearing lasted for 61/2 for the offical hearing, but nearer 8 if you include the pre-hearing conference. So 8 hours of hearing must have been blinding.

I hardly dare say it, but it all sounds so promising.

Did you get any inkling of the outcome at all? Sometimes the panel give away a lot through body language (the two 'wing men' kept winking at me!).

You never know you might hear earlier; they told me to not expect the decision earlier than one month... but I actually had the decision 5 days after the hearing.

Will be :pray::pray::pray:

Flo' :D

I am going throw the same here so praying for you as its sooo hard the waiting, i think Id rather be in labaur at least then you can moan and groan a bit, >:D<<'> 8 hours that is painful.

JsMum

I really hope it goes well for you, sounds as though the LEA made a real mess of things.And 8 hours i didnt no that they lasted that long, no wonder you need a rest now. My tribunal is on 7th October i hope it does not last 8 hours i dont no how i would keep it together that long? Anyway fingers crossed for you.