Sign in to follow this  
warrenpenalver

Why don't people read??

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

What is it with complete idiots in supermarkets?? The sign at the till quite clearly says "Baskets Only" yet 2 idiots in front of me at till had mini trolleys!! The took offence at me reminding them "baskets only!" then proceeded to tell me to mind my own business or f*** off. Nice people...........

Can these people really not read or is society so full of stupid morons that dont care about rules????!

Same with people parking in disabled bays with no blue badge in thier porsche or mercedes!! Wealth does not buy you the right to park in disabled bays.

lol the baskets only 1 is 1 i have actually messed up on once, i was so stressed from the kids arguing and just wanted to get out of the shop, thought "this queue is short i will go here so i can get out quicker" only to be told it was baskets only when i was trying to empty my trolley. I didnt abuse anyone though just went over to a normal till and felt like a complete idiot lol

There are signs at the cash machine in uni that say queue to the side of the cash machine (so that the walkway isn't blocked).. Instead people queue in front of the machine meaning the walkway is blocked full of people waiting for the cash machine or trying to get past the people waiting for it. :wallbash:

I used to get really frustrated at the checkouts that used to say 10/15 items or less and some sod goes up with like 30 items whereas I put something back to make sure I was under that number

Can these people really not read or is society so full of stupid morons that dont care about rules????!

A bit of both, I think :wallbash:

Same with people parking in disabled bays with no blue badge in thier porsche or mercedes!! Wealth does not buy you the right to park in disabled bays.

I was shopping with my mum who has a blue badge. We got back to the car and I put the trolley at the side of my car. The trolley rolled into a Ferrari parked next to us, with no blue badge, and bashed into the door. The driver shouted at me, and I politely pointed out that it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't parked illegally. He wasn't amused but I felt great :lol:

I was shopping with my mum who has a blue badge. We got back to the car and I put the trolley at the side of my car. The trolley rolled into a Ferrari parked next to us, with no blue badge, and bashed into the door. The driver shouted at me, and I politely pointed out that it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't parked illegally. He wasn't amused but I felt great :lol:

:lol: Serves them right for parking in the disabled bay when they didn't need to :shame:

Goodness... I've done this many times... does that make me an idiot??? :o:lol:

I say 'many', but in realityprobably 2 or 3 times... I've accidently put my shopping on the 'basket only' conveyor belt, not to be ignorant but because I genuinely didn't see the sign :) I tend to walk around in a bit of a trance :hypno:

Flora :)

I got a load of abuse for parking in a disabled bay at work one morning. It didn't matter that it was private property so the spaces are not legally enforcable, that the shop was not even due to open for two hours, nor that there were a load of my colleagues' cars also parked in disabled bays. He wrote down my number plate but I don't know what he did with it, I never heard anything.

I think the baskets only thing really should be enforced by the supermarkets themselves, and it is better not to get involved. The staff should be trained in polite ways to point out the restriction, avoid conflict and when to call for assistance. When shops don't bother to enforce their own systems, it is a poor reflection of their customer service. Most of them a fairly sensible and would let you through with a trolley if you only had a few items. On the ones who specify a certain amount of items, it is easier to be flexible about customers with 1 or two items above that number.

i tend to use the self service checkouts, they are usually quiet.

As for people parking in disabled bays and even parent and child bays that really annoys me. When they do not have a blue badge nor do they have children.

Those mini trolleys don't hold much more than a basket really, it's just easier to push them than to carry baskets, which can get so awkward and heavy, digging into your arm. Maybe they just found it easier to push than to carry. :whistle:

~ Mel ~

This happens a lot where I am (not the bashing bit) and it always baffles me who uses an Aston Martin to take their kids shopping (and therefore has to park in the parent and child space). And, looking at the disabled spaces, it's amazing how many disabled people seem to drive Porsches and Maseratis :whistle:

On the rare occasion that I visit my mum and we go to her local supermarket I will always suggest that we park in the parent and child space. OK her 'child' may be 34... (she doesn't drive a Porsche, a Maserati or an Aston Martin BTW)(wish she did :()(well I wish I did)(and, just to clear up any potential confusion, she always ignores my parking suggestions) :lol:

Yeah, Jay suggested to me that I park in the parent and child space the other day. He's nearly 15, but he is still technically a child at least.

~ Mel ~

Yeah, Jay suggested to me that I park in the parent and child space the other day. He's nearly 15, but he is still technically a child at least.

~ Mel ~

I will remind the forum that while physically 34, I have the mind of a seven year old - does that count? :lol:

I will remind the forum that while physically 34, I have the mind of a seven year old - does that count? :lol:

That much? - someone does think highly of themselves :P (I am willing to supply contradictory evidence to the highest bidder :devil:).

I am willing to supply contradictory evidence to the highest bidder :devil:

You told me you'd burned that rather large dosier of evidence. I shared my chocolate footballs with you on condition that you'd destroy it. What if it falls into the wrong hands? :unsure:

Breach of the official secrets act can lead to life imprisonment on conviction of treason!! :lol: If you are subject to any of the armed forces discipline acts treason can in theory carry the death penalty :lol:

Was the chocolate footballs really worth it??? :devil:

I shared my chocolate footballs with you on condition that you'd destroy it.

I don't call letting me keep the shiny wrappers whilst you devoured the chocolate 'sharing' :shame:

Was the chocolate footballs really worth it??? :devil:

Given that Mumble is now obviously reneging on her sideo fthe deal...no :shame:

I don't call letting me keep the shiny wrappers whilst you devoured the chocolate 'sharing' :shame:

Be honest, you got the little plastic net bag as well :P

As I am a gentleman, I wasn't going to mention the 'Dairy Milk' incident but you leave me with no choice. Your definition of 'sharing' was even worse than mine - I got to break off the chunks and you got to eat them. And then you threw the wrapper in the bin :shame:

As I am a gentleman, I wasn't going to mention the 'Dairy Milk' incident but you leave me with no choice. Your definition of 'sharing' was even worse than mine - I got to break off the chunks and you got to eat them. And then you threw the wrapper in the bin :shame:

I blame the AS. :P