KezT

Was this really a good idea?

E is very funny about wearing socks. He wears them, but has strong likes and dislikes claiming many are uncomfortable and "squish" his feet!

So after many arguments about the last set I bought, I gave in and bought new set last week. The best value set was one with the days of the week printed on. E thinks they are wonderful - his socks go on 1st thing ion the morning now and stay on until the very last thing at night :thumbs:

The only problem is - he shows them to everyone, and reads the day all day! And - what happens when i wash them and the right day is not available on the right day? I think I may have a problem brewing..... :whistle:

I'd go for a back up set, & a back up back up set. Itll pass - we had a phase with Magna Doodle, he wore out three so we always had a spare on the premises!

I personally would buy many sets as if your house is anything like mine the sock monster will eat them anyway. We never have a matching pair of socks in our house. Both my boys are funny about socks, Marcus doesn,t like the feel of them and Piers has 2 toes which cross over each other so they genuinely are uncomfortable as are shoes so i know what a nightmare it is.

My wife thinks I'm a bit potty as I even match up the pairs of socks on the washing line. :wacko: I'll go hunting for one if its missing.

My wife thinks I'm a bit potty as I even match up the pairs of socks on the washing line. :wacko: I'll go hunting for one if its missing.

OMG i do this as well on the washing line i have to peg them all out together in matching pairs :lol: i thought all humans did this. :lol:

theresa xx

yeh soks are always hung out in pairs here!

i agree with everyone else, just buy more socks!

i agree with everyone else, just buy more socks!

I know - i don't WANT to buy more tho! They cost money y'know, and he really doesn't NEED more than 5 pairs of school socks and 5 pairs of non school socks, which is what he's got now (disregarding the 10 pairs of "I won't wear those" socks) :rolleyes:

I suppose there are bigger fights to fight - and Tesco's can have an extra couple of quid....... It's all my own fault for buying them in the first place. I just didn't think of it at the time! Ho hum, we live & learn. I wonder if I will ever be allowed to buy anything different now tho LOL

well socks are not all that expensive, and it is a GOOD idea to have more than 5 pairs of school socks for when some go missing. Also when u find socks he will wear and he feels comfortable in thats great!

I made the mistake of buying these socks for my lad and had no end of trouble! :wacko: Quite apart from the fact that he didn't have Saturday and Sunday socks, it was a nightmare when the correct day wasn't available and he couldn't find any non-designated day socks without holes, many a meltdown was had because he couldn't cope with wearing the wrong day socks...........and we've lost one of the Fridays! :o:wacko:

~ Mel ~

I made the mistake of buying these socks for my lad and had no end of trouble! :wacko: Quite apart from the fact that he didn't have Saturday and Sunday socks, it was a nightmare when the correct day wasn't available and he couldn't find any non-designated day socks without holes, many a meltdown was had because he couldn't cope with wearing the wrong day socks...........and we've lost one of the Fridays! :o:wacko:

~ Mel ~

Oh no - we haven't had a Saturday yet! But he has weekend socks that he wears - so hopefully that'll be OK?

It's not the worst thing in the world :rolleyes:

My OH bought himself a set of socks with the days of the week on, and I've rarely seen them paired up correctly beyond the first week - I agree, complete disaster, stick to black! :rolleyes:

Plastic sock clips are extremely useful for keeping socks together. You poke both socks through and they stay together in the wash. Mumble found me a site where you can buy them and I've just ordered 60! :thumbs:

K x

I also bought the weekday socks, nightmare, obsessive about the right pair on the right day, for some reason I never thought to but another pair. Also I always hang socks in pairs!!! :tearful: Enid

I buy seamless socks from America. Thes are seam free and they are the only ones my son will wear (that he does not constantly take off or complain about)

All I can say is at least You can get him to wear socks, huge problem in my house, don't know how much longer he'll get away with just wearing flip flops !

I bought ds#2 socks with the names of the days on and we had the problem that he would only wear 'Friday' because he likes Friday (!) - wouldn't wear any other day and there was trouble when the Friday socks were getting washed!

My OH bought himself a set of socks with the days of the week on, and I've rarely seen them paired up correctly beyond the first week - I agree, complete disaster, stick to black! :rolleyes:

Plastic sock clips are extremely useful for keeping socks together. You poke both socks through and they stay together in the wash. Mumble found me a site where you can buy them and I've just ordered 60! :thumbs:

K x

60? 60?? You got centipedes living in your house? See, I'd be obsessively counting & colour coding the sock clips & just compound the problem :lol:

Mr p always knows at a glance when an item of cutlery is missing. And he always finds it. :ph34r:

going with bare feet is fine at home though!

Only a problem when going out, unless you don't feel the cold too much and can cope with bare feet all year! (with sandals or flipflops of course) no socks and trainers is not nice! LOL

60? 60?? You got centipedes living in your house? See, I'd be obsessively counting & colour coding the sock clips & just compound the problem :lol:

Well they come in 6 different colours so I just had to get 10 of each. :) You're meant to have a different colour for each member of the family. There are only four of us though. Would you believe I sat there for ten minutes trying to decide which of the four colours to get. :lol:

And besides they get lost and eventually broken so I NEED lots .

K x

Well they come in 6 different colours so I just had to get 10 of each. :) You're meant to have a different colour for each member of the family. There are only four of us though. Would you believe I sat there for ten minutes trying to decide which of the four colours to get. :lol:

And besides they get lost and eventually broken so I NEED lots .

K x

I'm tired just thinking about that :lol:

Mr p & JP have loads of slightly different black ones. Its the "slightly different" bit thats the problem :ph34r:

Hi,

I'd go with everyone else - buy as many as you can - socks have been one of the banes of my life - as soon as I find some that she feels comfortable with we buy in loads - they have to be either seamless or a very fine seam, soft fabric and also narrow fit - as some socks are very wide which gives just extra fabric folding over in her shoes etc - the same really with knickers etc.

Take care,

Jb