Sign in to follow this  
bikemad

Finally...

Taken what 5 years of battling n school saying nothing is wrong but after my letter today bout his being bullied after discussing the best way forward with that she said to me he is getting worse n worse daily and her n the deputy head agreed yesterday he has many autistic spectrum traits!!!! So ive ask her to please put it in writing to the bloke at cahms who sees fit to go back to the beginning as he dont agree with the guy before him who said ds had aspergers. I ought to be pleased at last but I just feel sad that my son has had to struggle for so long before anyone at school would take notice n realise something is wrong. :wallbash:

Well done for not giving in, bikemad :thumbs:

I just wish it didn't have to be such a battle - our kids deserve so much better :wallbash:

>:D<<'>

I know exactly what you mean....im close to tears all the time lately cos im so exhausted with fighting n fighting to get him what he needs...its wrong people messing with our kids lives n future.

Its a nightmare, I have to get a letter in to the LA before Tuesday for the December Panel, about a school I visited this Tuesday,Have also got annual review of statement on Monday so have got lots to sort out re that, and I have got 3 other kids, and a job, right I must get off here and get some work done :tearful: Enid

Its a nightmare, I have to get a letter in to the LA before Tuesday for the December Panel, about a school I visited this Tuesday,Have also got annual review of statement on Monday so have got lots to sort out re that, and I have got 3 other kids, and a job, right I must get off here and get some work done :tearful: Enid

>:D<<'> I think the 'professionals' think we have no life other than fighting and organizing n chasing on times!! >:D<<'>

Never give up, T was diagnosed with tourettes and nothing else. Everyone including his teachers said he was Autistic as it's as plain as the nose on your face, it took us years and a second opinion to get him rightly dx and get the help he *needs*. This Dr went onto diagnose a few other children with Tourettes , I think she had a fixation with the condition! :whistle:

Lol they tried that on o my ds...the said he didnt have it he put it on the said ooops no he does have it!!!!! I wot be giving up-esp when I know what is the matter if that makes sense.

WOW, after all the battling it sounds like the school may finally be listening to you and are willing to do something to help your son. :thumbs:

In my son's school they say don't see any ASD in my son :wallbash: don't ever give up!!

I queried the ed psych who goes into my son's school the other day and asked her what exactly did she think was wrong with my son as school are saying defo no to ASD, I followed up this with a e-mail she replied along the lines saying that she questions ASD cos my son has a level of social awareness and interaction skills not seen in the typical ASD child. she recognise sensory behaviours, rigidity of thinking and lack of empathy and based on that she can see how the previous diagnosis would have been made.

What does this response mean? who cares anyway they just keep on contradicting themselves, all the time they say my son doesn't like to be any different to the other child hence why he wont do sensory diet yet he's on a part time table which makes him very different from other children, plus his behaviour makes him very different. At a recent meeting she was talking about when they go swimming, the s/w thought he would love swimming but she was saying no he has real difficulties with the transitions, why do they not include all of this?

Anyway sorry to have hijacked, just keep battling on, when you need support and help there's not much more you can do, good luck and you to you Enid >:D<<'>

It is so annoying isnt it......ive been battling since my ds for 3 only now they are slowly beginning to listen!!!!!

Hey bikemad, that's fab news, hope things start happening for you guys.....

I just can't believe that those who diagnose can still believe so firmly that all those on the spectrum should fit rigidly into the criteria!

Most kids have 'deviations', iykwim, but surely that should be expected as they all have their own personalities? No-one expects all NTs, wheelchair users, deaf people etc to be exactly alike, so why should all autistics?

It wasn't all that long ago that autism was recognised (and I know a few 'professionals' still haven't caught up!) so perhaps it's time they reviewed the DX criteria?

Anyway, glad of your news, pet, hope CAMHS take note.

Esther x

Edited by pookie170

Im with you on that...they seem to have a tick list n expect every autistic child to fit it perfectly or they dont have it...madness!!!!! Just praying that the idiot at cahms will take note!!!!!