Sign in to follow this  
billabong

The IT Crowd

Does anyone watch 'The IT Crowd'?

We loved series 1 and 2 (and DH really identifies with Moss). What's happened with series 3 though? I think they threw all of the script lines into a bag, jumbled them around and picked a few out at random for each episode. It's very hit and miss, mostly miss. Drat, they should have left it on a high at the end of series 2.

Billabong

We love IT, especially seeing as DH is in IT, he can identify methinks. :whistle: I've enjoyed this series so far. The first ep seemed a bit of a letdown at first, but it's picked up as it's gone on as far as I'm concerned. Really enjoyed Friday's ep. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Yeah, so do we, hooray. Watching an old episode of 'The IT Crowd' or the DVD of 'Galaxy Quest' is almost as good as chocolate when I need cheering up. :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed Friday night's episode, but eps 1 & 2 were a bit patchy. That said, I think it's one of those progs thats actually funnier for a couple of viewings, 'cos there's always 'stuff' going on you miss first time round.

A are also just starting to watch 'spaced' on DVD again (I ration myself). Brilliant stuff! :thumbs:

I think it's one of those progs thats actually funnier for a couple of viewings, 'cos there's always 'stuff' going on you miss first time round.

Definitely agree with you on that. Same as 'Father Ted' - same writers, I believe.

By the way, has it always been pronounced 'The I - T Crowd' or is it just me and him who call it 'The IT [as in 'nit'] Crowd'?

Billabong

I can't work out why we started calling it the 'IT' and not the 'I - T' Crowd which is the only logical way to pronounce it. Must have been feeling rebellious at the time!

And I'm so excited - last night's episode, we both agreed, was 'back on track', and found it very, very funny; I giggle whenever I think about it. Even better, it's on video so we can re-watch. I ought to add this to 'The Positive Thread', after being a right old misery the other night. :lol:

Last night's episode was so much funnier that the rest of this series - "This is the internet" :lol:

Ooooh, am so happy, last night's episode had me laughing almost immediately. DH says that he used to aspire to looking like Moss did last night ie hand-knit cardie and cravatte. Did not tell him that he's not far off.

Billabong

Perhaps it's deliberate programming: each weeks episode has been better than the last so far... can they keep it up?

:D

Missing Richmond, though :(

Edited by baddad

on the DVDs, Graham Linehan says that he thinks of it as the 'it'-crowd, but can see now that people might think of it as the 'eye-tee' crowd.

If this isn't a terrible stereotype, which other aspies have noticed things in the background? Minutiae like a tekkonkinkreet poster..? Chris Ware?

on the DVDs, Graham Linehan says that he thinks of it as the 'it'-crowd, but can see now that people might think of it as the 'eye-tee' crowd.

Thank-you for that - I knew there was a reason why we were calling it the 'it' rather than 'eye-tee' crowd, just couldn't remember what the reason was. At least I could remember the question. Now I need to re-programme brain, having tried to get used to calling it the 'eye-tee' crowd over the last couple of weeks. :P