Mumble

It's Snowing!!!!

"And tell me, what do you like best about the forum?" (These are justified '"'* by the way. * speech marks in inverted commas if you couldn't tell).

"It's the fact that everyone seems to love SNOW" Yee-hah! Love it, love it, love it. DH told me I was like an excited puppy this morning (only I didn't do what excited usually puppies do ... but not far off, no, let's delete that bit). Big mistake for employer/great for me, having my own little office with a big window.

Think it's turning to sleet here :( but more snow forecast for later in the week. Bounce bounce bounce!

Billabong

its wonderfull here in yorkshire also, george had to leave school at 12.30 so we came home built snowman and had a realy good snowball fight he loves it hoping school is shut tomorrow as well its lovley to have so much fun with him and the snowflakes were just lovley i have never seen them in such a perfect shape b4 looked like little flower and stars loving it ( not my bosses i had to leave work early to pick up george such grumps)

happy snow time people enjoy

theresa xxxxxxxx

Love all your pictures Mumble

I had to work today :( but got out to play in the snow for a wee while after work.

hoping for more snow overnight

It snowed nearly all day here yesterday but it didn't really start pitching until 5ish. Still snowing heavily at 10pm (I went for a walk in it then as hubby was back from work).

Kiddies all went out in it this morning but it's quite powdery so no snowmen :(

I went out and had a snowball fight with my youngest daughter and her friends though! :thumbs::thumbs:

My school is shut, :dance:

my daughter's college is shut :dance:

and my son's school is shut. :dance:

And the sun is shining. :)

And the snow is still deep in the park outside. :thumbs:

K x

The huge pond in St James' Park was totally frozen over - never ever seen that :o I was a bit worried about some of the ducks though - either they were doing a very good impression of 'stuck' or they were half frozen into the pond.

Some of the "I hate snow" students gave me a good giggle today - we had notices up saying uni was open again so they had to go out and walk down the hill - but they insisted on wearing their high heels :rolleyes: One student went out in white trousers and got slushed by a passing lorry :lol: I know I shouldn't laugh, but they find it amusing that I don't dress fashionably and do dress appropriately for the weather, so sometimes it's nice to be the one who gets to laugh for a change. :D

Am

Fed

Up

With

The

Fluffy

White

Stuff.......................

I lurve a good ol' snowball fight as much as the next lunatic person........... but telling me at 8.10 that schools shut (we have to leave at 8.15...) does not make for a happy little monkey...

Am going in the garden to catch snowflakes on my tongue.............

It started snowing here late last night and snowed most of the night while I was at work. We have about 2 inches now and it's still snowing. It's not nice snow though, it's all slushy and dirty. Nevertheless, the Highways Agency have banned all our depots from letting wagons out, so we had no deliveries and eventually got sent home early!

I was outside in the yard when the snow plough came steaming round the corner and about 40mph and splattered slush everywhere. The driver was obviously having a good time anyway! The M5 is shut and the Store Manager phoned at 1am to say he still wasn't home and wasn't going to make it in for 6 :lol: The phone was ringing all night with people saying they can't get in. Hopefully the customers won't get in either, as we have no stock!

All open despite flurry this morning. Now I have my third child off with norovirus. Be lucky if he's back by Monday. Bless him, he's coming to my office with me on the understanding that he can sit on my knee while we have our meeting (awww). Hurray for an all-female workplace!

Been snowing here today, not as heavy as it was about 30mins ago. Worse than yesterday though. Em has another day of working from home today, and the uni is shut. :whistle:

We made snowmen on Sunday and they're still there!! :o Can't believe that after all this rain and sun we've had in the last few days, they still refuse to die. Granted, their heads have fallen off, but still! What will it take to kill these guys! They'll probably still be standing staring at us defiantly in August! :o

~ Mel ~

We have not got any snow snow it has all gone. :crying:

What we do have instead is FLOODS! I just love driving through them. I have to go the long way round just so I can drive through them. EXCEPT! the men from the enviromental agency came to our village and pumped the water back onto the flood plains and into the river and even unblocked the drains. All my fun has been spoilt. That's health and safety for you. Spoils everyones fun.

No more tidal wave making for me, or snowman making or snowball throwing, freezing cold and numb feet and fingers. Oh how I miss it all.

Been snowing again here heavily since the afternoon!!

I tried to get into work but had to turn back as the car was sliding everywhere!

YES!! What a result! I've just done 4 nights, then stayed on in work this morning for a very upsetting emergency meeting about a child, and didn't get home until 11.30...so I'm just so glad I don't have to work again tonight! :D

Boho :lol:

It's snowing here again - normally I love it, but it's DSs birthday party tomorrow, and if we can't get there, he'll have a HUGE meltdown :(

I REALLY hope it's not too bad in the morning :pray:

After my complaining of no snow we had snow last night. Yipee! - It has gone now, fingers crossed we will get some more.