JsMum

Thumbs up for Jay!

:thumbs::thumbs: Yes I am rather proud and totally relieved to say that J is back at home after returning from hospital after his operation to have his pins removed from his broken arm which he did just after we moved house, after bouncing too high on his Trampoline.

J was well prepared with visits with the nurses and hospital and we used a lot of visual stories, picture aids, he took his weighted blanket that helped him to settle down and he had a lot of distraction tasks that worked really well, he became stressed at times but he did really well, we used visual meditation for the going to sleep bit as thats not nice, both for J but certainly not for me either as I get upset too,

J eventually went off, the operation was a bit longer than hoped because it was tricky to get the pins out, but the surgeon did it, he was quite funny coming round, he was nearly doing tiple tails on the bed, getting into funny positions, he came round in the end, and everything went to plan, we went home after he became a bit more alert, and then we snuggled together with the BEE Movie and then he went to bed, today he is just taking it easy, but he has been a star, no tears or anything he is my star.

Js just happy he doesnt have to go to school for another couple of weeks, so he has yet further time off school!

I am just so relieved it went well and he is back home an all is well.

JsMumxxx :thumbs:

Edited by JsMum

awwww well done Jay :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::clap: :clap: :clap:

And to you JsMum :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sounds like all your preparation was worth it :thumbs:

Blimey! well done, J :thumbs::thumbs:

had the pins taken out of your arms, eh? Hope they left the bones in or you'll end up looking like:

THIS

:o

:D

Well when he broke it, it did look rather like mr tickle, when your bones snap your arm shrinks and goes all funny, its a really horrible grosse sight, when the paramedics came they didnt think J had broke his arm as they said he would be crying, J doesnt feel pain so you couldnt go by his behaviour, when they xrayed it, they soon found out how bad it was, I mean you could tell it was broken, his arm was deformed!

Well not now, his pins helped the bones reline and grow back, its amazing what the body can do, he does have his bones still there, but there is gaps where the pins where, but they will soon fill with new bone.

J went first in the que too for surgery and the nurses attended to J fantastic and took into consideration his special needs, he is a brave young man I guess.

JsMum

wow he has done well to deal with all that. Hope he is soon fully mended and back at school. take careX

Well done J! And well done Mum for preparing him well and supporting him through it. :thumbs:>:D<<'>

So glad to hear the op went well - hope both of you enjoy the next couple of weeks off.

K x

Well done! Glad the hospital were understanding and tried to accomodate his needs, must have made things much easier on both of you.

Here's to a speedy recovery, and a fun-filled fortnight!

Esther x