Sign in to follow this  
chris54

Missed appointment

Got a letter today telling us along with everyone bar the cats mother (copies sent to XYZ) that our son was not brought for his appointment with the Community Paediatrician,"NO EXPLANTIONS WERE RECEIVED" Job to do this when you have not received a letter in the first place telling you he had an appointment. :angry:

Apparently a new appointment will be made but and I quote "it is extremely unlikely that the report will be ready in time to meet the statutory time scales".

I will be on that phone on Monday bending someone ear. :angry:

Edited by chris54

Did your psychic powers let you down this time? :) That is SO frustrating though, I had a similar issue with my dh's psych.. I had moved heaven and earth to get him referred in the firstplace, then to find out he had missed an appoint that we didn't know about! ARGH! RARR!!!! I feel your frustration...

Often these letters say "please confirm if you are able to attend", in which case you would hope they woud chase you for a reply if you do not respond.

I almost missed 2 different camhs appointments cos my psycic powers didnt work!!!!! I constantly have to ring them n chase them for the next appointment cos if I didnt id miss them all cos they never write.

Got a letter today telling us along with everyone bar the cats mother (copies sent to XYZ) that our son was not brought for his appointment with the Community Paediatrician,"NO EXPLANTIONS WERE RECEIVED" Job to do this when you have not received a letter in the first place telling you he had an appointment. :angry:

Apparently a new appointment will be made but and I quote "it is extremely unlikely that the report will be ready in time to meet the statutory time scales".

I will be on that phone on Monday bending someone ear. :angry:

Are you going to do an official complaint to the particular service provider, this could really prevent many children receiving the correct services and provisions.

These letters always come when the service is closed for the weekend too and all you can do is Wait for Monday.

I feel your frustration, your anger, it is not on.

JsMum

Well Iv been on the phone and it would seem that the letter for the appointment was sent out in December. Must have been lost in the Christmas post. Managed to get a new appointment for 4 weeks time but at a different clinic which is far far away. If after he has been seen the doctor get his finger out and does the report strait away it may not hold the assessment up to much.

And no they don't chase up if you don't confirm. "It would take to much time". Yes but what about the doctor's wasted time when people don't turn up.

I will have to put a complaint in to TNT, well that is the company that has the mail contract with the health trust.

We had a letter from hospital asking us to attend an appointment five days after the event. Really helpful!

If this was me I would write to them stating what has happened and copy it for everyone - then they will all know whats happened!

It takes time but it shows all involved you are serious and demend a good service