Sign in to follow this  
BuntyB

disappearing knickers!!

I've mentioned before that my daughter never puts her undies in the wash. I've tried to broach the subject a few times, but she's extremely evasive and won't discuss it. She doesn't like pants that are 'girlie' so any that had a bow on the elastic or a flower got dumped in her sisters room. I eventually found some she said were ok, black and white spotted shorts and ordered 14 pairs but... they have disappeared! I am not sure if she throws them away rather than put them in the wash, but if she does, what is she wearing? The same pair all the time or none?!

When she's very evasive I'm always torn between letting her be and pusuing it. She doesn't like anyone going in her room but I'm tempted to see if they are stuffed someewhere. What do you lot think?

How old is she?

Have you thought about the girls boy shorts type?

What about a little washing bag in her room so she can just put them in there?

Sorry to laugh!

My young adult son does his own washing...every week there are about 8 to 10 black t-shirts with various unpleasant things on the fronts...and one pair of boxers!! :o

I have tried saying gently not to forget clean ones each day and he just says 'I know!'

This pant thing is a mystery! :ph34r:

Bid :lol:

How old is she?

Have you thought about the girls boy shorts type?

What about a little washing bag in her room so she can just put them in there?

she's 13 and they are boy shorts. She has a basket in her room. All her clothes go in....except the pants! She needs a bra, but we aren't even going there...!!!!

Hi

How about a separate place for her to put her undies in?

Would a reward system (pocket money?) be worth considering for putting on clean ones, then putting the dirty ones in the correct place?

Caroline.

O heck lol...im forever finding ds's pants in the oddest of places....he hates wearing them. >:D<<'>

Just a thought. Is it possible she's throwing them away because they are soiled?

Nellie xx

excellent thought ... it ocurred to me also ... similar to what I used to do at that age, admitting you have soiled underwear can be embarassing to a teenager.

excellent thought ... it ocurred to me also ... similar to what I used to do at that age, admitting you have soiled underwear can be embarassing to a teenager.

On the same note - maybe she has started her periods. is this possibly the issue?

On the same note - maybe she has started her periods. is this possibly the issue?

This is a possibility - my DD 13 AS/ADHD started her periods at 12 and refuses to use pads - yet hides her knickers until the period is over

The same thought had crossed my mind, but what do you do? Do you keep trying to tease the information out of her or go and look despite the fact she doesn't want me in her room, or just leave her be? Must be awkward when things like PE come up!

TBH, I would have a good search in her room when she's at school.

You need to know from a hygeine point of view if there are soiled knicks lurking about...and if she has started her periods, that raises all sorts of things that really need to be discussed with her to keep her healthy and safe as a young adult.

I know with my son he didn't want to discuss 'things', but I still plonked myself down in his room and gave him a couple of little booklets for young men that the GP's nurse had given me (they included information about young women's sexual health too from a lad's point of view). He wouldn't talk to me, but at least I felt I had provided the information.

Good luck! :ph34r:

Bid :)

Edited by bid

For a second there i thought finally someone with a problem like mine............

(deleated the problem too personal)

back to youre daughter my son used to hide his underpants wed find em all over the shop and they used to be soiled i guess h was too embarresed to tell us.When he stayed at his grans they couldnt wotrk out where his dirty worn pants were.he was there a week in the end they found them hidden in a drawer under some tshirts all in a right state.

My nt daughter hid her knickers when she started her periods she was scared to tell me.its daft in it the stuff they do.

Edited by Paula