bikemad

New School....

I'm sure you remember all the nightmares we had with my lads old school....well he began a new school Monday and he loves it.....came out smiling and chatting about it n was up before the alarm today to go back to school!!! He even wants to join the breakfast club so long as they 'dont make him drink milk' lol and also 2 after school clubs!!!! They know bout all his probs cos I did a profile all about him n they are fab with him there...it is a more 'traditional' school for want of a better word...clamp down on bullying n bad behavior straight away, understand that all kids are different n should be treated as such etc. Just hope it continues!!!! He has friends already and even got asked out yesterday lol.

I'm sure you remember all the nightmares we had with my lads old school....well he began a new school Monday and he loves it.....came out smiling and chatting about it n was up before the alarm today to go back to school!!! He even wants to join the breakfast club so long as they 'dont make him drink milk' lol and also 2 after school clubs!!!! They know bout all his probs cos I did a profile all about him n they are fab with him there...it is a more 'traditional' school for want of a better word...clamp down on bullying n bad behavior straight away, understand that all kids are different n should be treated as such etc. Just hope it continues!!!! He has friends already and even got asked out yesterday lol.

Awww that's lovely news bikemad. I do hope he continues to enjoy it :thumbs:

:thumbs: thats such a reliefe and I am so pleased that the first few days have gone really well, its good that the school have a breakfast club and after school club, this is so crucial for social skills and feeling excepted and been part of the school community.

Really pleased that you went with the descision to change the school, it goes to show that for some children it was a good choice and that this hopefully will help rebuild his confidence and help his self esteem grow and find new friends.

:thumbs:

JsMumxxx

>:D<<'>

He has had a great week, loves the school and has settled in really well and even tried the breakfast club n had dried shreddies(he wont touch milk)........im just hoping it stays like this!!!! :whistle:

Hi, FANTASTIC news and there is no reason it wont continue! My son has just finished his 5th week at his new school(we had loads of problems with last one as you probably remember!)and things are still fantastic! He is really happy, the staff are wonderfull with him and the older children have had his difficulties explained and look after him!!!!!I have been holding my breath for things to go wrong as it all felt almost too good to be true but 5 weeks later My happy little boy skips into school, he talks about school and due to great communication between school and ds he is calm!

Well done to you both I am sure things will get better and better!

lin :thumbs: