bid

Uber proud mum moment!!

Those of you who have been around since Krism days may have followed my DS' journey from being a very unwell 14 year old when I first joined, to the fight for a Statement and then his fantastic progress once he was at a residesi special school for AS and then the way the mainstream FE system set him up to fail...

I know I have bored you with shared my news about his job with the egalitarian supermarket since he started part-time there in 2007, eventually becoming full-time last year.

Anyway, now I think I'm going to burst!! The branch he works at are expanding into neighbouring premises and...

...they've asked him to join the management team as one of two deputy managers in the new expanded store!!

:o :o :crying::wub::wub::wub::notworthy:

Boho :D:wub:

[Oh, and he's still sporting a mohawk ;):lol: Although I have noticed he's not coloured it again since the unfortunate experience with the burgundy dye which coloured his shaved scalp a fetching shade of pink! :lol: ]

Edited by bid

Not sure if they do 'free-from'... :unsure:

If I do venture into his store, he corners me and tries to make me buy BOGOFs, etc. :ph34r:

And every meal-time is enhanced by a running commentary on how much everything we are eating costs in the egalitarian supermarket :lol:

Boho :D

Edited by bid

great news!

That is fantastic news, Im not surprised you are so proud as thats a great achievement for anyone even without AS so you have every right to be a super proud mum and tell everyone about it!

I worked at a supermarket for quite a few years and never had such a good social life as I did back then, in fact you've got me thinking now ha ha xx

Thank you, guys! :tearful:

I would definmitely recommend the egalitarian supermarket if anyone has a teenager perhaps wanting to try a Saturday job, etc.

Most? branches are very small, maybe 4 or 5 staff, and my son works at the one on our residential estate. So the environment isn't too overwhelming and generally as a company they seem extremely accepting of difference. They have certainly seen beyond my son's hair :lol: and the fact he has severe dyspraxia so he has huge difficulties writing by hand, etc. I have noticed this acceptance about other staff too, so I don't think it's just my son.

Boho :dance:

I have to confess I have :crying: over this news...

Edited by bid

Oh bid ... >:D<<'>

Just back from Rome, tired & emotional anyway, catching up on the forum, & I read this & I'm :dance: & :crying: all at the same time.

In your own words - MOST EXCELLENT!

Give that boy a hug from another mum of a 19 year old >:D<<'>

:thumbs:

Fantastic news! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:>:D<<'> . I remember all the hassles as though it were yesterday,so glad he's found his niche. In this day and age, to secure a job like that is brilliant.

I'll have to come and do some shopping there. :D

K x

Bid that is truly brilliant news, I can remember all the worry years back :rolleyes: , about what the future held, you must be so pleased , and a big hands up for Auriel too.......... :groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

Sorry, must have missed this the first time round :oops: - but that's great news :thumbs: :thumbs:

[Oh, and he's still sporting a mohawk ;):lol: Although I have noticed he's not coloured it again since the unfortunate experience with the burgundy dye which coloured his shaved scalp a fetching shade of pink! :lol: ]

:shame: :shame: Dying oneself pink is my forte - I'll have him know the look is copyright... :rolleyes:

If I do venture into his store, he corners me and tries to make me BOGOF

:o :o Well that's not a very nice way to treat his mother now, is it? ;):devil: I blame the parents... :whistle: