Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Back to uni/college

Seeing as there is a back to school thread I wanted to start a back to uni/college one for the adults on here :whistle: I am very much looking forward to getting back to uni, I'm going out of my mind with boredom right now. Only 2.5 weeks to go until freshers week at my uni! :dance:

i hate going back after even a short break to anything, such axiexty ans stress. Much better to work study permantley for ever with no break but just shorter hours for a week if need a rest...

have a break takes 3 months to get eqilberium and mind in gear so are not crippled functioning from the induced aniexty

I can't wait to go back to college either, although there will be a few hurdles in the way before I get there. The hurdles consist of, can I go back to college, will they have me back, seeing as I messed up last year, blew a fuse and went off into a world of my own, simply because I could not understand what was wanted of me. I also seemed to have formed a dislike and distrust of my course head and spent much of last year, ducking out of her way. My colleagues thought it funny I would disappear when she turned up, often it was the case she asked where I was only to be told, he was here, but seems to have gone. I of course now realise that was childish behaviour, but with an avoidant personality, I avoided her because she causes me too much stress, says one thing, I do it, and get asked why did I do that, my answer, because you effing told me, to which she replies I said no such thing, arrrgh. But now armed with a diagnosis of aspergers, maybe I will get it right this year, and maybe the dragon will back off.

I am however in the process of gearing up for college, I have sought out an old leather filofax and am in the process of working out a system to help me keep on top of things, dates, times and such, as it is my history, I get dates and times mixed up or forget them all together. The expensive filofax, because where there is expense, I am more likely to look after the thing, and not lose it or forget it, as I am putting a lot of faith in this thing. I have had academic diaries, but I have always put them down somewhere and forgot about them, too many I have lost. The filofax, is attached by string to my college bag, so I will be hard pushed to lose that, ( and for your amusement, my thumb drive is attached by string to the filofax)

Edited by Sa Skimrande

Hi all, my husband and i are starting a uni course next week. I am very nervous about it, its a distant learning course about Asd run from birmingham. While i am excited its also very daunting as the last time i did anything like this was at college 14 years ago...! I know someone on this forum is doing this course too but i cant remember who, does anyone know who it is, i have some questions on work load, anyway my husband and i are aiming to change our work and at the same time really understand our children, hope your courses go well this year. Maria :-)

Good luck with the course, Maria. I don't know who else is doing it here but if you start a new topic and ask the question in the title, maybe the person will come forward.

K x

for the first time in 19 years i'm not going back to education! i'm officially a highly intelligent underachiever

good luck to everyone starting/going back to university, hope you all have a great time.

Edited by NobbyNobbs

Asked T how she was feeling about returning to College, her answer was "Neutral" :). Good luck to all who are going back to uni/college and to those who are not, good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Teresa :)

Im starting at university on 21st which is worrying as despite me asking several times they still claim to not have a timetable so i can plan my life. Im hoping to get a part time job before all the other students arrive and beat me to the few jobs round here!! Need the timetable to say what hours i can do.

Im starting at university on 21st which is worrying as despite me asking several times they still claim to not have a timetable so i can plan my life. Im hoping to get a part time job before all the other students arrive and beat me to the few jobs round here!! Need the timetable to say what hours i can do.

Same here! Then again I haven't actually asked about the timetable yet, I probably should.