taylor

hi new to this forum

hi, just joined this forum, i have a 9 year old boy who is full of energy and has a diagnosis of as, adhd, developmental co ordination disorder and soon to be diagnosed with touretts syndrome. i have only just finally after a long battle with the lea got a statement for him. and at the moment have to appeal again to get him into a special school. but i wont stop until i do. even though the head teacher of his mainstream school says the school cant cope. :wallbash: any way im glad to be on here and share my experiance with others :gather:

Edited by taylor

Hi and welcome! I'm new here too and am just about to start a "hello" thread just as soon as I can work out how to do it.

its nice to speak to someone who may have simular problems. some times you feel like you are being driven mad. i often find its not my son i get frustrated with , its trying to get the things you want like education and help in genaral. this seem like a great forum for advice and even if you feel like having a rant about what has happened that day. omg i have got so much to talk about.

Welcome both of you. ive got a cousin with non swearing tourettes and i hate the stereotype that "all tourettics swear" they certainly dont all have swearing tics! i have the tendency to say "playmobile" when im stressed and one of my mates is an adhder.

Alexis

my son suffers from tics like constant throat clearing jolting of the head or shoulders or his arm will suddenly fling out. and vocal tics like humming. after a while you dont hear it any more. it gets worse when he is anxcous or worried. he dont seem to be that bothered about them. but you are right people do say, oh does he swear :wallbash: and i say no, and they say oh! that really gets on my nerves.

Hi taylor and nice warm welcome >:D<<'> I had similair fights to your last year, my sons been in his special school a year now, its still a bit rocky at times but a lot better for my son he is 12 once you fight for their school then you have to fight for the care, it doesnt stop does it, but glad you are fighting all the way to tribunal if you have to, I say to parents to do this and some parents get mad at me because they say its soo stressful for parents to fight the system, but if you dont then who will, and left to cope alone they only do worse so glad to hear you are fiesty young lady, there is no telling you is there.

My son doesnt have tourettes but he has an Anxiety Disorder and it effects his appitite, his behaviour and his emotions as he can become very scared or he hits out, it is essential we cater for his anxiety issues, he has had a massage today so relaxed and a bit better as he has been very stressed lately so this has helped him loads.

Anyway goodluck with the tribunal and hope to get to meet you soon on the boards.

JsMumxxxxx

Hi taylor and nice warm welcome >:D<<'> I had similair fights to your last year, my sons been in his special school a year now, its still a bit rocky at times but a lot better for my son he is 12 once you fight for their school then you have to fight for the care, it doesnt stop does it, but glad you are fighting all the way to tribunal if you have to, I say to parents to do this and some parents get mad at me because they say its soo stressful for parents to fight the system, but if you dont then who will, and left to cope alone they only do worse so glad to hear you are fiesty young lady, there is no telling you is there.

My son doesnt have tourettes but he has an Anxiety Disorder and it effects his appitite, his behaviour and his emotions as he can become very scared or he hits out, it is essential we cater for his anxiety issues, he has had a massage today so relaxed and a bit better as he has been very stressed lately so this has helped him loads.

Anyway goodluck with the tribunal and hope to get to meet you soon on the boards.

JsMumxxxxx

i am sooooooo jelous i could really do with a massage right now.

thanks for the nice welcome. i will fight to the end. i already have his statement but its just getting him into a special school now. all the things written in the statement the school had in place any way, and he is still not coping. i will get what my son needs, they picked the wrong person to mess with. :D . i love a challenge, once i get my teeth into something i dont let go. i have almost become an expert on the education system and your rights. im sending my appeal off on the 24th of this month, so we will have to wait and see. will keep you posted. :blink:

Hi and welcome to the forum :)