sonj186

christmas pressie dilema!

Hi all, i have worked for my present employers for almost 5 years they have 3 children age 13,11 and ther latest addition which is 6 months. When i started my job i was employed as the house keeper, since the birth of the baby we have employed a full time cleaner and my main duties are to look after the baby, the problem i have is as christmas is on the way i dont know whether i should buy the baby a wee pressie! i have never bought presents for the other children but as i spend most of my time with the wee one i feel i should get her a present BUT can i just buy for her????? or should i get for the other children too? bearing in mind i have never bought them gifts! :robbie:

if youve never bought gifts for the kids i wouldnt bother.............but then im a tight wad...............

Why not buy something for the whole family,that is if you have not already brought for the adults.It can be expensive buying individual presents.Even something simple like a tin of chocs or biscuits will be appreciated by all.

In my experienced, employees don't normally give gifts to they employer.

However I probably would be tempted to get a gift for the baby. It could only ever be a token gift as I assume this is a better off family. If you have never given gift to the others I would continua along the same road.

When I was a childminder I would give a small gift to the children at christmas and birthdays costing no more than a £1 or £2.

hi i would buy for all three kids,

it would be a small thing like a chocolate santa,

or selection box

nothing expensive

love noogsy

Edited by noogsy

If your main job is now carring for this baby, then my answer would be yes get a small gift for all the children. Your job has changed and you are now looking after a baby, but i could not leave the others out. I would only get a small gift but i feel i would have to get something.

thanks for your replies, i think i will have to get all 3 kids a wee pressie but i think it might make the 2 older childen slightly uncomfortable :unsure:

I agree, a small present for the baby if that's what you'd really like to do, and maybe some Christmas chocs for the others - perhaps something to share? Or a box of chocs/ Christmas biscuits for the whole family to share?

K x