carly

hello!

hello i am 22 years old and would like to meet people like me.

i have a brother and dad with aspergers.

i also have aspergers but mine is undiagnosed. i live on my own and need some help and advice and some friendly people to chat to as nobody but my mum understands me. i live in a different town to my mum as i had to move away when i left school as i got bullied too much.

I have found that there is no help out there for adults with aspergers i have tried but no one i know understands aspergers not even my doctor! Most people think i am wierd and im not good at explaining why.

Not even writing!

I would like to understand more and get advice i think there is many other people with the same problems that i get

Help! :rolleyes:

Hi Carly nice to meet you :thumbs: I would contact NAS to see if there is anything spersific for adults in your area such as social groups or AS groups, they also publish a magazine for young people and adults with AS.

There is also OAASIS a support line for Aspergers Syndrome and they may know more too, have you got any books on AS such as Tony Attwood and Temple Grandin not sure what litriture youve come across and aware you may of already with your father and brother having AS.

Adult services are getting better here but many are independant and so funding it can be an issue, so check out what might be available throw independant services too.

There is a spersific board for Adults with AS and adolescents called beyond adolescents this may be a particular interest to you.

See you for now maybe see you on the boards.

JsMumxxxx

:thumbs:

Hello, welcome to the forum :)

... i also have aspergers but mine is undiagnosed. .... need some help and advice and some friendly people to chat to ...

...I have found that there is no help out there for adults with aspergers i have tried but no one i know understands aspergers not even my doctor! Most people think i am wierd and im not good at explaining why.

Not even writing!

I would like to understand more and get advice i think there is many other people with the same problems that i get

Help! :rolleyes:

Hi Carly,

welcome to the forum. Im new here too, un dx'ed AS, but also I dont have friends although I do have a husband but he tries to be understanding, but I guess he can only handle so much. It can get lonely ... Each day is different. Anyways, Im up for chatting any time, Im also learning more about AS and looking to get a dx, as well as find some sort of group etc, anything that can help, or coping skills, or whatever.

take care, ttfn

Vanna B)