Sign in to follow this  
maggzymay

Hello

Just thought it was time I actually posted in here as I pop back and forth, both my sons are on the spectrum, my youngest is high functioning autistic diagnosed in February this year at age of 8.

My eldest was just diagnosed this week, he is 11.

I am at a loss at the moment as we were always aware of my youngest son being autistic but it has been a complete shock with my eldest and I am struggling to come to terms with it.

I think I have now coming to the point where we are in need of support from others rather than struggling along as we are.

hope to get back on top of things soon.

well hello from me and my brood.

xx

Hi Maggzymay and a nice warm welcome and that you have posted a hi on the greet board.

I can understand your situation as my friend has just gone throw similair, it was a total shock as her youngest just took up most of her time and supervision that it was only in secondary school was there concerns of AS for her eldest.

Hopefully now your eldest has a dx though he will get the help he requires, having a younger one with HFA I dont know if your aware of statements in secondary.

My friends son has AS and he full time statement for his secondary school placement and they are helping mainly with social interaction and organisation, he is doing really well.

My son is 12 and has HFA/ADHD/Dyslexia and more and in a special school he is beginning to progress and achieve things he couldnt in a mainstream setting, it is still difficult at times but we are working throw it, as it cant be easy with additional adolescents in the mix too.

Anyway look forward to more posts soon.xxx

:thumbs:

JsMumxxx

Edited by JsMum

Hi, welcome to the forum :)